Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t 56 stuck on 4th gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default t 56 stuck on 4th gear

Ok I was doing some power shifting the other night. And all of a suden my shifter stuck in 4th gear. I managed to get the car home .did some research. And I let the car site for a few hours. . Anf then tried disingageing it and no help. So I released the e. Break and tried pushing the car back and fourth and mooved the shifter . It came out easly out of the 4th. So I kind off excersized the shifter a little bit. . I read on some of my research that this could happen due to the sincro keys failure . And that most probably am due for an overhaul. Any how I took the car out for a drive the next day . Drove it seems all normal I was driving it normally. When all of a suden a 911 porscha started teasing me so I back shifted to 3rd and did a power shifting againon 4th and 5th . I smoked that porcha easly. Next thing I know lool my driver side T-top wasnt there no more. Any how I drove the car back home and every thing seemed normal. Except I looked funny with one roof missing.
Now could this thing has been fixed by its self . Or maybe changing the tranny oil can even help further or am I realy due for an overhaul.. ?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Every time you put it in 4th expect the worst. I drove my car around like this for a while. Aamco never figured out the problem. I'd ride it a week and all of the sudden bam stuck in 4th and 2 hours from home. Let the car sit a few days and go back to it and it'd pop right out. I would guarantee its not fixed itself.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 168 Likes on 119 Posts

probably broken key(s)

Quick Reply: t 56 stuck on 4th gear