Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

2000 Camaro Cluch Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro Cluch Master Cylinder

I am trying to remove the clutch master cylinder on my 2000 Camaro SS.
Even though it was a struggle, it is unbolted and loose.

The problem I am having is that there just does not seem enough room to get the reservoir down between the brake booster and the rest of the cables and wiring.

From reading some of the posts, I know that some members here have been able to do this and there are even videos posted, but it just does not seem to fit through the space available.

I would appreciate any hints including just telling me to be patient.
I am thinking of removing the reservoir, so that I just have to deal with the tubing.
But, that would mean that I would have to do the same thing with my GM High Performance master cylinder when I install it.

Help!
Old 03-22-2014, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It should come out easily, just wiggle it around some.

You can unbolt the brake master cylinder from the pedal assembly and unbolt the abs block so it slides forward with the master.

I have long arms so it wasn't too difficult. The hard part is getting it to line up going back into the firewall
Old 03-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Teching In

i pulled my master cly and booster out when i put in my tick perf.master,it made it very easy to get to everything,mabye an extra 15min of work,lot less cussing! lol
Old 03-30-2014, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had found threads where you will take those big clump of wires underneath the brake buster and pull them up as far as you can without damaging them. That's what helped me. When I installed the Tick MC which seems to be twice the size of a OEM MC I turned the MC upside down to put it in place then flipped it over once it was down there. Pulling out the OEM MC gave me a fight also, but I did mine before I found the thread about the wires.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

Just mess with it and find an angle that allows it to slide through. I will come out.

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro Cluch Master Cylinder