Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod RXT install, dowel pins?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod RXT install, dowel pins?

I am currently installing a McLeod RXT twin disc and reusing my Monster Clutch flywheel. The stepped dowel pins supplied by McLeod are no where close to fitting into the holes drilled into the flywheel nor does the smaller part of the dowel fit through the gold adapter ring holes. They seem very tight and I could probably hammer them through but I do not want to do this as I would have a hell of a time removing the adapter ring when needed. Please note that the Mcleod RST/RXT only requires 2 dowels to be used in the flywheel. Should I just go ahead and install it with out the dowel pins? Input would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Necroing this old thread because it is very relative to what I'm looking for.
My difference is I don't have any dowel pins at all, I had my monster flywheel surfaced at the machine shop and they didn't give the dowels back to me nor do they have them.
My McLeod RXT did not come with any dowel pins either. The holes on the monster flywheel look stepped similar to the mcleod 1515 dowels. Would these be the right ones?

It's the main thing holding me up from putting the motor back in my car - does anyone have any idea what dowels I should put in this?

Quick Reply: Mcleod RXT install, dowel pins?