Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

*** A HUGE Shout-Out- Monster & Tick ***

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** A HUGE Shout-Out- Monster & Tick ***

Well Gang, I have been researching, pricing, and trying to decide which clutch to go with..... In fact, there have been times where I felt like I was getting on peoples nerves with all the questions and emails. But, today, I finally pulled the trigger!!

I want to Personally Thank Every Member that has given their two cents and/or advice on clutches. You can learn so much from Forums-if you're just patient and do some research.

I also want to Thank Steve @Monster and Martin @Tick. Man, you guys truly do know the meaning of Customer Service!! Thank you for all the emails, all the answers to my questions, and more than anything, just taking the time to communicate. Both of you were always prompt with emails, and that means a lot in todays society.

So, what did I get?!?

- Tick Performance SPEEDbleeder
- Tick Performance Upgraded Bronze Isolator Cup
- ARP Pro Series Bolts for Both the Pressure Plate & Flywheel
- Monster Stage II Clutch W/Premium Slave Cylinder

I spent a Grand Total of $863.46 for Everything, which is more than I wanted.... But I scored Free Shipping with Tick and Monster. Not only that, but Steve @ Monster is knocking off $100 Plus Free Shipping.

I feel like this set-up will go nicely with my MGW Shifter and the Tick Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder.

Carl

Last edited by CGSmith0524; 04-23-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carl, your kind words (and your business!) are very much appreciated! I know Steve@Monster appreciates both, as well.

I agree - you're going to LOVE all your new goodies!
Old 04-24-2015, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Joey@Tick
Carl, your kind words (and your business!) are very much appreciated! I know Steve@Monster appreciates both, as well.

I agree - you're going to LOVE all your new goodies!
Thank You Joey!! I should have picked up a rear-main seal from ya'll when I placed my order...

I'm on the fence about changing it or leaving it alone. My car only has 35,000 miles on it, but if the transmission is out- why not change it?!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd definitely grab a rear main seal locally Carl to finish out your swap. It's a good idea any time that transmission is out, just like it's a good idea to swap out the pilot bearing and slave cylinder as well.

Thanks for the kind words sir! Thank you for serving our country!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
I'd definitely grab a rear main seal locally Carl to finish out your swap. It's a good idea any time that transmission is out, just like it's a good idea to swap out the pilot bearing and slave cylinder as well.

Thanks for the kind words sir! Thank you for serving our country!
You are very welcome Martin!! In fact, I just received an email confirmation that my order with ya'll have shipped.....

I talked to Steve, via email, earlier this morning and my clutch should ship out tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm going to play it safe, just like we do in Army Aviation and replace my rear-main seal. I'll grab me a seal here local, and I've though about purchasing the installation tool from the vendor here on LS1 Tech. While the transmission is out, I've also thought about upgrading the Transmission Mount.

And thoughts or suggestions???
Old 04-28-2015, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CGSmith0524
Well Gang, I have been researching, pricing, and trying to decide which clutch to go with..... In fact, there have been times where I felt like I was getting on peoples nerves with all the questions and emails. But, today, I finally pulled the trigger!!

I want to Personally Thank Every Member that has given their two cents and/or advice on clutches. You can learn so much from Forums-if you're just patient and do some research.

I also want to Thank Steve @Monster and Martin @Tick. Man, you guys truly do know the meaning of Customer Service!! Thank you for all the emails, all the answers to my questions, and more than anything, just taking the time to communicate. Both of you were always prompt with emails, and that means a lot in todays society.

So, what did I get?!?

- Tick Performance SPEEDbleeder
- Tick Performance Upgraded Bronze Isolator Cup
- ARP Pro Series Bolts for Both the Pressure Plate & Flywheel
- Monster Stage II Clutch W/Premium Slave Cylinder

I spent a Grand Total of $863.46 for Everything, which is more than I wanted.... But I scored Free Shipping with Tick and Monster. Not only that, but Steve @ Monster is knocking off $100 Plus Free Shipping.

I feel like this set-up will go nicely with my MGW Shifter and the Tick Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder.

Carl
Thanks for the kind words. Keep us posted, and let us know how you like your new Monster!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Thanks for the kind words. Keep us posted, and let us know how you like your new Monster!!!
Steve- You are very welcome!! Thank you for linking me up with Jacob before the sale actually went "live"..... I can't wait to get the stuff in!!

If ANYONE is on the Fence about a Clutch, now is the time to get one directly from Monster!! Can't beat the "Tax Time Sale"!!

Quick Reply: *** A HUGE Shout-Out- Monster & Tick ***