Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56, What is this noise?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T-56, What is this noise?

OK so i know everyone hears a little whine now and then from their rear end, and some people over react to a little tranny chatter but i have some seious whine and cant quite figure it out. It started out in 4th gear, when the engine revs were around 2k and i let off the gas while in gear the car would let out a slight whine. not too bad but a new sound... since then it has migrated to almost every gear and every rpm, but only while decelerating.If im decelerating and push the clutch in, most of the noise stops. At first when the whine wasnt too bad i thought it was my rear end so i took that apart and checked it out, no metal shavings, everything in order. Now the whine sounds much more violent, it has gotten deeper in tone and i can feel it slightly through the pedal/shifter. Is this my clutch or throwout bearing going out? im hoping its not internal....any help would be appreciated. BTW the car is a 95 z28 with about 10k on a new motor and cluth.. the tranny has all 130k mi on it as far as i know.. Thanks

Walker
Old 11-30-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bump...

well since no one seems to know what is it, i am gonna take it in to the local shop today and see what they say. ill let everyone know what it is for future reference

Quick Reply: T-56, What is this noise?