Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fluids in M6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fluids in M6?

I have a 2002 M6 WS6. My friend said I should change the fluid in my tranny before I start spraying my nitrous.

He said all (or most) of the new cars that are manuals, have autotranny fluid in them. He said to ask around and find out what to do.

So should I drain my tranny and add some auto fluid? or what weight? I only have 20k on the car.

thanks guys
Old 07-10-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know that you really need to do this because of your nitrous intentions. I did it on mine for good measure. If you crawl under there and look on the transmission case, it says "USE DEXTRON 3 ATF ONLY" or something like that. So I got Mobil-1 fully synthetic ATF and replaced the old (probably conventional?) fluid. How much more protection this provides I dont know, but it made shifting feel sweeter.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah i got my car a couple feet in the air so i figured, why not

how much does it take? cost?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have my owners manual handy, but a quick Google search gave me a chart that says MM6 cap. 4 quarts. I don't recall how many mine actually took, but you just drain as much out as you can with the low (tailshaft) plug. And fill it up with however much it will take (until it starts dribbling out the fill hole) If you remember to plug up the drain hole before you start filling at the other hole you shouldn't need more than 4.

Quick Reply: Fluids in M6?