Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Shifter ?'s (hopefully new)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Shifter ?'s (hopefully new)

I've searched for shifter posts and have read A LOT; I know some of you are tired of the opinion ?'s so hopefully mine are a little original. I'm rebuilding a T56 for a '65 Chevelle and have a few unanswered shifter ?'s (most shifter posts in the conversions forum are about relocating the shifter, not choosing one so I thought this would be a better place to ask).

I only need the shifter itself, not the stick since I'm sure all of the sticks for you guys are too short for me so I figure I'll fab up a custom stick. The only stickless shifter I've come across is the SLP , but I don't know what they mean by 'modified stock'. Are these worth anything? Are there any good short-throw shifters without the stick? Basically, is there a shifter with the quality of the Pro 5.0 or B&M that I can buy without buying the stick?

Is the B&M stick removable?

B&M mentions an adjustable neutral position. Is this left/right, front/back, both? Do other shifters have this option?

Do all shifters have a vertical stub, or do some lean toward the driver (not a bend in the stick, but the shifter itself), it's kinda hard to tell from the pic's I've run across?

Hope I haven't repeated old ?'s and I appreciate any help you can offer. Just trying to find a good short-throw shifter that puts me in a decent starting place once the body goes back on and the seats go in.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stick on the Pro 5.0 is removable. Wish I could help you more. My only suggestion is maybe post this same topic in the Hybrid/Conversion forum. Someone there might have some experience in this area. Good luck.

Quick Reply: T56 Shifter ?'s (hopefully new)