Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch line connection problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch line connection problems

i can not get the line that snaps into the slave cylinder to snap back in. without an o-ring it leaks but it clicks on like nothing. with an o-ring it seems impossible to push it in. i've tried everything. if anyones had this problem i could really use some imput. it pisses me off putting everything on hold for something so stupid.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One trick is to connect it before the transmission is seated (loosen the bolts to the bellhousing and slide the tranny back some, then install the line). It seems that in some cases, you'll be trying to compress the clutch when you seat the connector (just slightly, but the hydraulic pressure as it seats makes it difficult to seat). I did one with a pry bar, and just pressed it in place (be careful if you do that, don't bend, break or damage anything). I'd slide the trans back a bit on the bolts, install the line and tighten the bolts back down. Or, you might crack the bleeder a slight bit and see if that helps.

Good luck!
Old 10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have your bleeder open when you're trying to push it in? even with it open that thing still is a bitch to get in there, but it does help.

Quick Reply: clutch line connection problems