Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Clutch what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Clutch what do you guys think?

I currently have a spec stage 3 clutch that started slipping after only 6k miles of use. I didnt race it all that much nor did i get to shot much nitrous on it so im not too sure why it went so soon.
Do you guys think the stage 3 clutch went out because i daily drove the car 95% of the time and the pads on the clutch are too stiff causing it to ware out faster? The stage 3 held great thats why i really think it wore out due to daily driving...

What im thinking of trying is buying a whole clutch setup with flywheel and all from autozone for $412 with lifetime warrenty and just replacing the clutch whenever it goes out. I will replace the clutch myself. I know its not going to last forever and im not expecting it too... How long do you guys think it will hold? With the mods in my sig. I think it will hold just fine with N/A, but when i spray nitrous its gonna start slipping after a few shots... What do you guys think? Right now im not planning on shotting nitrous till i get bigger injectors, so that wont be a problem for awhile.

Or should i just get the spec stage 3 with different pad meterial? Or even try to downgrade to the spec stage 2?

My stock clutch lasted me 22k miles. I raced that clutch alot and sprayed 100 shot of nitrous on it, so by far that clutch outlasted the spec stage 3.

Quick Reply: New Clutch what do you guys think?