Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help - clutch pedal pushing back at be at high rev shifts

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - clutch pedal pushing back at be at high rev shifts

Since I have had my cars ecu / pcm tuned (now 400ish bhp - but std z06 numbers) it is exhibiting a weird clutch issue.

Spoke to the tuner yesterday (had a Blown (Harrop twin screw) Holden car he was working on, the tuner and the cars owner said they had heard of the same and that it is documented somewhere o the web.

When accelerating and then changing gear at high rev’s i.e. 6k + the clutch pedal physically pushes back at you as you make the shift – really weird and disconcerting.

After a few shift like this one after the other the clutch / change is lost!

They seem to think that the cause is somehow created by a vaccum pulling in on the small bore braided pipe from the Hydraulic release bearing back to the master cylinder. On the second or third high rev change the clutch is actually still not fully disengaged because of this and the clutch wears out!

They seem to think someone has diagnosed this and says that a larger bore pipe (braided and the fitting in the Hydraulic release bearing and the Master cylinder are needed) – such that any vacuum cannot close down this size of pipe.

As you can imagine to get this pipe change out is a gearbox out (or on my car an box and engine out or cut two whole in the base of the bellhousing to get the small bore pipes off and replace with custom made larger bore ones?

I have a TKO with a Hydraulic release bearing (std Z06 corvette Z06 clutch pate and cover / flywheel), but same seem to happen on Holden with T56 and Hydraulic release on their hybrid LS1/6 Blown lumps.

Any idea? heard of this - someone has supposedly proved this with a rig with small and larger bore braided pipes between the Since I have had my car tuned it is (of course a lot more powerful) but is also exhibiting a weird clutch issue.

Spoke to the tuner yesterday (had a Blown (Harrop twin screw) Holden car he was working on, Paul (tuner) and the owner said they had heard of the same and that it is documented somewhere o the web.

When accelerating and then changing gear at high rev’s i.e. 6k + the clutch pedal physically pushes back at you as you make the shift – really weird and disconcerting.

After a few shift like this one after the other the clutch / change is lost!

They seem to think that the cause is somehow created by a vaccum pulling in on the small bore braided pipe from the Hydraulic release bearing back to the master cylinder. On the second or third high rev change the clutch is actually still not fully disengaged because of this and the clutch wears out!

They seem to think someone has diagnosed this and says that a larger bore pipe (braided and the fitting in the Hydraulic release bearing and the Master cylinder are needed) – such that any vacuum cannot close down this size of pipe.

As you can imagine to get this pipe change out is a gearbox out (or on my car an box and engine out or cut two whole in the base of the bellhousing to get the small bore pipes off and replace with custom made larger bore ones?

I have a TKO with a Hydraulic release bearing (std Z06 corvette Z06 clutch pate and cover / flywheel), but same seem to happen on Holden with T56 and Hydraulic release on their hybrid LS1/6 Blown lumps.

Someone has tried this on rig testing and supposed proving the small bore vs the large bore briaded issue - anyone on here heard / experienced thia nd how can I solve it (have a link to these finding?)
Old 10-26-2005, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is what I am on about - anyone experienaced this and tried the fix?

www.chevyhiperformance.com/howto/39021/
Old 10-27-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy ****, do you know how hard it is to read your post? What you are talking about is the "drill mod", if you do a search you will find tons of results. It works for some people, it doesn't work for others.

Quick Reply: Help - clutch pedal pushing back at be at high rev shifts