Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stock master and Mcleod twin disk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock master and Mcleod twin disk?

Anybody know the consequence of doing this?

I have been dealing with hydraulic issues for some time now and yesterday decided to pull the NEW Mcleod master out and put a new stock master in, guess what, hydraulic problem gone.

I drove it for sometime yesterday with no issues and seems to have good engagement point off the floor. I'm not sure if the stocker is up for the extra pressure over the long haul though. I will rebuild the Mcleod and put it back in but wonder what you guys thought about using the stocker for a while?

BTW, I bought a new power bleeder and it totally rocks for bleeding the Hydraulics. I put a totally dry master in and had the system bled in 5 minutes.

Dan
Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

<ttt>
Old 02-26-2006, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

I'm curious what type of hydraulic issues you've been experiencing? The reason for the question is I recently installed a McLeod Twin Disk and adjustable master and have been having issues. After I reinstalled my LS2 and trans I did log about 100 miles on the stock master with no issues (clutch engaged about 1" from the floor). I don't think you would have any issues with the stock master if the engagement point is ok. I'm about to put my stock master back in as well!

I've rebleed the system 15 times since the McLeod master was installed about 400 miles ago and its still not right. I've used a power bleeder and MigtyVac from the top and reverse bled using the power bleeder from the bottom. The pedal feel will sometimes get a little soft out of the blue and in the two worse cases the pedal engagement point shifted from 1" from the top to right off the floor. Everytime I rebleed I've found air back in the system. I think I have an issue with the McLeod Master.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

The Mcleod master was leaking on me. It was very little and was leaking inside the car on the carpet, couldn't even see the leak till sunlight hit the carpet area and I saw a dark spot down there. So basicaly I was leaking a tiny bit of fluid, but sucking in air. When I left the power bleeder hooked up to my reservoir with about 10 psi of pressure on it, my hydraulics worked perfect, at that point I knew something was leaking and started with the Mcleod master. Thank god it was the Mcleod master cause I wasn't in the mood to pull the tranny for the slave.

My stocker engages about 1" off the floor to, but what I worry about is when I put some wear on the clutch, it will most likely need adjusting and need the Mcleod for that.

Dan

Quick Reply: Stock master and Mcleod twin disk?