Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help with hydraulic problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with hydraulic problem

We're having some trouble getting a clutch to work right. It appears that it's not disengaging all the way. If you put the car in gear and keep the clutch in it still wants to roll. It's very hard to get into gear as well. We've bench bled and mity vac and we're down to no bubbles. If we pump the clutch pedal with the mity vac it puts tons of air bubbles but never seems to take more fluid. We've had it to 25 or 26" hg...I've heard that could be too much. The clutch is a new ram HD, with shim installed on a stock flywheel. Thanks for any input. We're going nuts here.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Banned

so what exactly is the clutch doing is it slippin or anything.? if u have no air in the system and itshouldnt be the hyrdaluics did u resurface the stock flywheel? it is possible ur ruined ur m/c. i have never really had any luck with the mity vac i always pre did it with the mity vac then do it the old fashion way. u might need the shim to come back out. there are alot of good tips on ls2.com and ways to bleed it.

good luck
Old 09-02-2006, 02:07 AM
FormerVendor

Wow, your only supposed to go to 12hg with the mity vac. I bet you blew the seals on the slave.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:36 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet the diaphragm is ruptured inside the master. That is why you can hold it down and have it start to creep. I did the same thing. If you max out that Mity Vac it is too late in most cases. You might need to get a new master. If you haven't upgraded anything from stock...I highly suggest doing the slave as well.

Quick Reply: Need help with hydraulic problem