Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Info For Anyone Getting A Centerforce Df

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info For Anyone Getting A Centerforce Df

i have a centerforce df clutch in my 02 camaro. i got the clutch from a friend and it was not a the box. i've been having problems with it and i think i know why. Anpparently the only year that you are not supposed to use that clutch with is 02. I did not know that. Can anyone verify that?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Teching In

That doesn't sound right? If you go to the centerforce website it says it is for 1998-2002. I've been thinking about getting one, my clutch went out last night.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a myth
Old 12-11-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dual friction clutches should not be used on our cars.. period.. they have problems with the counter weights on the clutch teeth that some how mess up the trans..

contact Joe or Amber @ T56rebuilds for the lowdown.. they will tell you about them.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have had several customers call us about the centerforce clutches and about the weights coming off the fingers. We had one customer in particluar that had a transmission rebuilt. It started popping out of 4th about 4 months after his rebuild. He sent his transmission back and we could not locate any issues with it. We sent it back and when he was getting ready to install it he noticed the weights were gone. He changed the clutch to another unit (Ram I think) and the issue went away. Another customer with a stock transmission had the same thing. He ended up getting a rebuild from us and getting rid of the Centerforce and using a Textraila.

We have NO SHOP EXPERIENCE with the Centerforce as we have not testing it on our car. Only customers that have given us feedback on the issues they had. There is a fix for the weight issue I am not sure if it works or not? That is a questions for Centerforce.

As for them not to be used in our cars, they are a good clutch if you can figure out the problem with the weights coming off. I have never heard that they are not to be used in 2002? It is the same as 2001 so that does not make sense.

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 12-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Launching!

i found one last night and it had a sticker on the box that said not for 2002 camaro/firebird. I did not know that before i put mine in and it sucks. Wont go into gear and if it does, you have to force it and it grinds. Beefed up factory clutch is going back in
Old 12-13-2006, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

ummmm......I have a 2002 Z28 and have been running the Centerforce Dual Friction 12" clutch for almost a year now! I have made about 30 track passes so far on it and every single pass has been done slipping the clutch to try and save my 10 bolt. I also drive this car everyday in stop and go traffic and play around with buddies on the highway almost every wednesday and friday night. My centerforce has not skipped a beat yet. It has a GREAT feel (not too stiff). I have nothing but good things to say about it! Now as far as it messing up transmissions i have no experience with that yet. If it is true then i will be giving T56rebuilds a call when it happens. But with almost 90,000 miles on the car and going to the track once a month I wont be surprised when my tranny dies in the near future. Just my .02

Brent
Old 12-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Launching!

hmm, thats strange. Mine was like a 9 or 10 inch. o well, i got one built now so i am pretty sure i wont have problems

Quick Reply: Info For Anyone Getting A Centerforce Df