Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

The Only Clutch You Should Buy!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Only Clutch You Should Buy!!

Ok, for everyone looking for a clutch and a company that stands behind their product, here they are..I recently bought the textralia clutch package throught the group purchase from Byunspeed...I have been having issues shifting WOT since the install....After speaking to Peter and Jarrod w/Textralia about what could be the cause of this? It could be a number of things....Peter didn't hesitate about getting involved...Without giving me any down time with the car, he is shipping me a new clutch and pp..Peter has contacted me and my mechanic about this problem and is going above and beyond what other clutch companies have done in the past...I have to give it to these two guys and the customer service that they give you when you have their product...The kicker to all of this is, myself, nor Peter said it was the clutch giving me problems..Together we are both trying to eliminate what the issue migh be, since the previous clutch was only slipping and didn't have this issue of WOT at high rpms. Peter also told me that when we install this new clutch, and if it fixes the problem (being the clutch was faulty)he will pay some towards my labor costs!!!!! Never has a company offered me or anyone that I know any type of reimbursement on labor...If this doesn't make you want to buy from this company(other than the money issue) than I don't know what other reason not to buy from them....Again, hats off to Peter/Jarrod and the guys at Textralia on building a great product and standing behind it with good customer service..
Old 12-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Launching!

which Textralia clutch? Im buying one when I get my Bonus!
Old 12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that's good customer service
Old 12-14-2006, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

I purchased the oz70 sb series....it comes with the billet flywheel...
Old 12-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Teching In

I know after my garbage spec setup took a **** after 3k miles it was time to switch.. Was going rps maybe centerforce and kept seeing this textralia company mentioned and wanted a little more info so sent an email,

Wasn't even 2 minutes the phone was ringing and it was peter. Mind you it was midnight on west coast and just after telling my low clutch engagement pt bad notchy shoifting and slipping problem and him telling me don't worry it will all be gone.. And just hearing the passion and belief in his non shalant sales pitch(he was telling me the facts and helping to fix the problem not actually tring to sell me) I felt super comfortable dealing with him and can't wait to get the product.. Seems very top notch and all the sucess stories and how he handles business and customer is always right is a no brainer for myself.. Now ups on the other hand screwed my package up and bumped it till the next week...

Thumbs up to a stand up company and can't wait till I throw the z0700 package in the vette. Ill be posting impressions soon after.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's awsome guys and cudos to you for putting the word out and letting everyone know how things are run at textralia. And hats off to Peter and Jarrod for displaying the quality of customer service that is IMO very rare nowadays. I only wish I would have known all of this a week ago before I bought my LS7 clutch kit. Well if Peter and Jarrod read this thread I am sure they will be pleased to know that people are taking notice to their hard work and dedication to their job and the customer.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I hadn't gone with my RPS, it would have been Textrailia for sure. The only thing that sold me on the RPS was the lightweight assembly, which I truly enjoy on the street. Textraila seems to be a cut above the rest, and have a great product that holds some serious abuse.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Default thats awesome

I have been researching a lot about clutches lately, and I need one that will hold 700rwhp. I know that if I want a clutch to hold that much power I am going to have to spend a pretty penny. When spending big $$$$ for a clutch it is great to hear that at least one company will stand behind their product. With most other clutch companies when there product doesnt work up to its claim, they just give you the run around. I dont have any worries about how the textrailia exoskell will perform, but its good to know that they will go out of their way to help in any way they can.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Great feedback guys..I felt like this situation had to told...These guys are a cut above the rest when it comes to customer service..I just wanted everyone to know about it before they think about dropping some big money on a clutch that may not be backed buy the company that makes it...
Old 12-16-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Resident

another one up for the Textralia twin disk!!! I am a proud Exo-Skel owner!!! It was worth every penny of my Christmas bonus, and the extra little i borrowed to have it popped in..lol.. GREAT WORK!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a price like that, they SHOULD offer that kind of service. Why is that surprising? I think it's right on par. Heck, for the price, they should install it for you. LOL!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

It's feedback like this that made me decide to get a OZ700 for my ride...ordered and arrived, I'm just waiting to get it installed. I know it will be a big improvement over the stock clutch that's starting to slip a little.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by N4cer
With a price like that, they SHOULD offer that kind of service. Why is that surprising? I think it's right on par. Heck, for the price, they should install it for you. LOL!
I've spent big money on parts on haven't gotten the customer service the guys at Textralia give....Ram has some clutches in this ball park range and they don't come close to these guys....
Old 12-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Launching!

tripple disc here, the thing is great, softer than my stage 5 clutch from spec, had it in a month and it has lasted longer as well, they make great clutches.

0-52000 miles, stock clutch.
52000-62000 miles spec stage 3 carbon, stage 3 kevlar, stage 5 iron= specis **** for clutches. my stock clutches lasted longer on more high rpm drops on full slicks.