Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Noise Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clutch Noise Problem

Hey guys, I recently put in a Spec 3, followed the advice on the 500 mile break in period, and even though the chatter died down quite a bit, I am now getting this very loud and obnoxious squeaking noise from the clutch. It happens when I am engaging in first gear and once and a while second when I am starting from low in the gear. It only happens about 75% of the time, not all the time, and I can feel small vibrations in the clutch pedal that coincide with the noise when it does make the noise. I spoke with the guy at Spec and he said that clutch shouldn't be making any noise with the stage 3 6-puck style disk, but the only thing he could think of would be if the bearing (or A bearing) that clips onto the slave cylinder didn't go on right or came unclipped somehow. Any ideas before I have to pull the stupid tranny out for the fourth time in the last couple of months? Thanks!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/626622-should-i-throw-towel-expert-help-needed.html

Old 12-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive been involved with Pewter's clutch, the flywheel bolts are fine, def torqued, there is something else that maybe rubbing but what it is we havent found it yet. We will keep yea posted.