Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need a transmission rebuild for my GTO... recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a transmission rebuild for my GTO... recomendations?

My trans has been acting up more and more recently. It started by just popping out of first gear, soon after it showed another symptom - After finish a pass, it would not want to get out of fourth gear until after I clutch in two or three times then rev the engine up. Now its getting rediculous, I cant do one single pass without missing a gear. It's usually fourth but sometimes third gear too. The clutch fluid also gets really dark really fast. It also started acting up more after I hit the 450rwhp mark.

Ive tried changing the clutch fluid and I've tried changing the transmission fluid but no luck yet. I've decided to just do everything all at once

1. Master slave cylinder replacement
2. 600whp capable clutch
3. Trans rebuild

I'm considering going with SixSpeedsInc or RPMTransmissions since those are the two names I've been hearing the most. Any pro's or con's with either of them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

sixspeedinc stage 4+ tell them you found them on ls1tech they give you free shipping and that stage 4+ is good for 700rwhp all day long. $1700 after you ship back yours to them.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

six speed inc.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have specials each month. Give me a call for more information or to go over the packages offered.

Have a good weekend.
Amber
Old 05-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Sorry to bump an old thread but the original question was never answered... all that happend was just people kept saying SIXSPEEDSINC!! SIXSPEEDSINC!! While its clear what the more popular choice is here, its not going to sell me a $2000 transmission.

What advantages does Six Speeds Inc offer over a RPM Transmission, and vice versa?

Thanks
Matt
Old 05-30-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't deal with RPM but I did have SixSpeedsInc rebuild my tranny. A local shop pulled it, and SixSpeedsInc drove out from houston to get it and brought it back when they rebuilt it @ no charge! Also, I talked to Amber several times over the phone & she was always more than happy to help me out in any way possible. They told me to just get the stage1 rebuild which is less than $1000 because that's all most people need, but she said if anything else was wrong, they would upgrade the package as necessary. My tranny ended up bein pretty messed up so they gave me the stage 2 package, along with a new 2nd, 4th, and 5th gear. They aren't going to give you what you don't need. I ended up paying around $1400, which I think is a pretty good deal. I got the car back today and it is driving PERFECT, it's pretty awesome. So, I would definitely suggest SixSpeeds Inc as well!
-Chris
Old 05-31-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

and other than the fact they have the fastest 6 speed fbody right now.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Deff call amber at sixspeedinc. and see what she can do. She hooked me up

Quick Reply: Need a transmission rebuild for my GTO... recomendations?