Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP...Clutch master cylinder won't bleed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP...Clutch master cylinder won't bleed

I'm finishing up my LS1 swap and trying to bleed the clutch. Ran a lot of fluid through it with no luck and had no pedal at all. I'm working alone so I have to use gravity bleeding (which worked awsome for the brakes).

I found in a search that with the quick disconnect from the master cylinder disconnected the pedal should be rock hard. It's not, in fact there is no change all. I repositioned the master cylinder feed tube and got some air out, but still no pedal. I've bleed a lot of fluid through it by pushing in the popet valve at the end of the hose. I haven't seen any air come out and there is no change in the pedal.

Master cylinder has about 10k on it and there are no leaks under the dust cover on the inside of the car.

I'm running a LS7 clutch with a 2002 hydraulics

Re'

Last edited by RE AND CHERYL; 08-11-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got the master cylinder to bleed and a hard pedal. Connected it to the slave and bleed it some more. Problem is, Half the time I push it down the pedal is good, the other half the pedal will go about a third down before it grabs. Feels like a cable actuated clutch that is way out of adjustment.

Re'