Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny is on it's way out, help me order parts for tranny and whatever else

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Tranny is on it's way out, help me order parts for tranny and whatever else

Well after some hard runs...well more than I can count lol my tranny is on it's way out. Right now it has gotten stuck in fourth three times, once at 130 MPH, once in town at 45MPH, then the last time when I started my car up.

After reading on here, I know I have to replace the slider pins, shift forks, but don't know what else. I believe the synchros are going so I might as well replace them, and anything else that might need to be fixed while it's apart. I plan on making 500rwhp+ in this car next year so it will have to be kinda strong.

And while I have the tranny out I might as well upgrade the hydraulics, anything besides the master and slave should I replace? Lines, fittings, ect?

The clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearings are all fine. I'm having a local tranny shop rebuild it and I just want to get the parts all ready so they can get right to work on it. I have a few sites bookmarked for parts but they are non-sponsor. Any help will be appreciated!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't even bother taking it apart....just have sixspeedsinc.com do it....this month they have free shipping. The stage one rebuild is $950 and thats good up to 700hp...
Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Junkie

I wasn't going to take it apart, I said I was going to take it local. I'm not going to pay someone $80 an hour to remove and install a transmission when I can do it myself. Done it many times before, this car shouldn't be any different.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your clutch is the original and has over 60K on it you might as well swap it out for a new while its out but at the very minimum get a new slave cylinder....

....and do the drill mod

Still think sixspeedsinc will be better and cheaper...ask everyone else on the boards about them....
Old 08-12-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by winger4800
If your clutch is the original and has over 60K on it you might as well swap it out for a new while its out but at the very minimum get a new slave cylinder....

....and do the drill mod

Still think sixspeedsinc will be better and cheaper...ask everyone else on the boards about them....
The pedal has never stuck to the floor, so I"m guessing the drill mod was done by previous owners. The clutch does not slip a bit so it's staying in for now. I'll do some more research on the slave and see what one I should get.

Sixspeedsinc is one of the sites I have marked for parts, but I am not going to package the tranny up and all that fun stuff when I have a very reliable tranny shop near me. We have taken two trannys and a rear end to this place and have no complaints.

Thanks for the comments!

Quick Reply: Tranny is on it's way out, help me order parts for tranny and whatever else