Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Which bolts? 13mm/15mm

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which bolts? 13mm/15mm

The bolts to mate the tranny to the bell housing and the bell housing to the engine are the same thread size. Each requires 8 bolts. Which takes the 13mm head, and which takes the 15mm head? I think the 15mm head bolts are for the tranny/bell housing and the 13mm head bolts are for the bellhousing/engine. Am I right. I pulled it all apart a few days ago and can't remember. I'm having a senior moment.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Teching In

those bolts are completely different.the tranny/bell housing bolts are black and threaded all the way.while the bellhousing/engine are dull colored and are not threaded all the way.you should still have the bracket in one of your tranny bolts,unless you took that one out to.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98whiteFormula
those bolts are completely different.the tranny/bell housing bolts are black and threaded all the way.while the bellhousing/engine are dull colored and are not threaded all the way.you should still have the bracket in one of your tranny bolts,unless you took that one out to.
you are right. I was wondering where that 8th bolt was. It's still on the vent line bracket for the tranny.