Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Opinions On "New" Fidanza Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions On "New" Fidanza Flywheel

I bought an LS1 Fidanza Aluminum flywheel from a member here recently, and it was advertised as new, however when I got it, there seemed to be some light surface scratches and surface rust, and I wanted to hear some opinions on what to do with this. Is this normal/acceptable? Does it need a resurface? Does it need a whole new friction plate?

By the way, I have high res versions of these, if anyone needs a closer look.

It also came with 3 dowel pins. Was I supposed to get more, or do I even need these?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you will need the three pins to line your clutch up plus they help to balance the FW, but I have one and in my opinion I'd run it .. it doesn't look worn just scratched some .. nothing like what your clutch is going to do to it.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a brand spanking new one sitting in a box at home waiting for me to install this week. I'll take pictures tonight and post them for you to see. I don't have any of those scratches or surface rust. It looks like someone installed it but never ran it? I'm not sure it's a problem, but I hope you got a good deal, less than $275 because that's what I paid for mine brand new.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

They bought almost a year and a half ago and never used it, and I'd like to know where you got a new aluminum flywheel for 275.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Troux
They bought almost a year and a half ago and never used it, and I'd like to know where you got a new aluminum flywheel for 275.

Yeah, I guess if it was left out like that it could rust over time. Mine came shrink wrapped.

As for where I got it, do a search for Fidanza Flywheel on google. Lets just say I shopped around for the best price. I try to support sponsors as much as possible, but ultimately I'm supporting a family just as much as they are and my mod dollars are spent wisely. I paid $269 + $7 shipping.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

I've done a ton of searching on Google, and was thrilled when I found one place that had them for $340, since the going rate is 380-400.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

That's what mine looks like. I sent you a PM Troux. I checked mine, it only has two dowel pins installed, so I'm guessing they are used to balance the flywheel.

Quick Reply: Need Opinions On "New" Fidanza Flywheel