Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problem, Plz Help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problem, Plz Help!!!!!!!

Ive been running into some problems lately with my clutch and the biggest thing is when the clutch is fully engaged their is a loud clicking noise that takes place.

plz help with any knowledge or suggestions you may have.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

The clutch is fully engaged when your foot is off the pedal--is that when you hear the noise? I'm thinking you mean when the clutch pedal is fully engaged (pushed in), that's when you hear the clicking noise. That's when the most pressure is on the throwout bearing. I'd start by looking at that first. After that, you'll want to check the pilot bearing and then the clutch and pressure plate.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

just wat he said. if not then u might need to realign ur clutch... idk but my bet is it is the pilot bearing cause thats what happend with mine. but u should only hear the noise wen u r putting it into gear cause thats the only time the pilot bearing is being used. if not then its ur slave n throw out bearing
Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
The clutch is fully engaged when your foot is off the pedal--is that when you hear the noise? I'm thinking you mean when the clutch pedal is fully engaged (pushed in), that's when you hear the clicking noise. That's when the most pressure is on the throwout bearing. I'd start by looking at that first. After that, you'll want to check the pilot bearing and then the clutch and pressure plate.

x3 and if its the other way around could be broken damper springs.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:19 AM
wrencher

It is a LT1 right? It is something with the fork or the pressure plate. Pull the boot on the fork in the bellhousing. See if you can see something amiss up inside there w/ a light.