Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

The Ultimate Clutch period: The tilton triple carbon

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default The Ultimate Clutch period: The tilton triple carbon

NOW AVAILABLE!

Announcing the new, LG Motorsports Exclusive - Tilton Triple Disk Carbon Clutch for all Corvettes.

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=1967

This is the ultimate high performance clutch, period. Reduce rotating mass by over 48 lbs+ with this light-weight clutch. The entire clutch assembly with flywheel comes in 2 weights – 14.9 or 19.0 lbs. The performance of the carbon disks allows the car to have excellent street manners while providing the best clutch performance available for any performance package.

Don't be afraid to throw massive amounts of horsepower and torque at this clutch. The Tilton loves to be slipped. Its TRUE, 100% carbon floater discs and drive discs will not wear out like typical clutches found on the market today.

This clutch offers value that comes in the form of long life and the fact that it is delivered with 2 extra plates that compensate for wear. This contributes to the very high mileage reported by users of this clutch.

This clutch revs extremely quickly yet is very streetable. It will not squeal like ceramic or bronze clutches and can be adjusted 2 times. Pressure plate spacers can be added throughout the life of each rebuild to bring the clutch back in spec.

Extreme torque capacity and light weight for fast revs makes this the only choice for serious performance enthusiasts.

This clutch is a large street version of our American Le Mans racing clutch, built for the street and for long wear. The clutch package comes with different thickness wear plates that can be changed out through the clutch disks wear life. There have been reports in high power turbo import cars of up to 40,000 miles of extreme use.

Even after the wear plates are cycled though the package, we offer a rebuild option where the manufacturer will rebuild the clutch back to stock specs.

These features are why this clutch has great value and performance. It is clearly the best Corvette high performance clutch on the market, bar none.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that think looks pimp ... I'm not even gonna ask how much this costs
Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

6299$

Ask any supra guy, and they will tell you this is the clutch to have, period.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one badass clutch... It hooks on 1.5k rwhp Supras AND lasts for 30k+ miles on these kind of street Supras...

Is this clutch compatible with the factory hydraulics?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well deffinitly for Vette guys..............................
Old 10-10-2008, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bboyferal
That is one badass clutch... It hooks on 1.5k rwhp Supras AND lasts for 30k+ miles on these kind of street Supras...

Is this clutch compatible with the factory hydraulics?
Finally, someone who knows the history of this clutch! If people only knew what the supra guys did to these

Yes, it works with factory hydraulics

Im sure there are 800+ rwhp M6 guys like Tiago that would really like this clutch
Old 10-10-2008, 03:11 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm guessing that tuning the idle will take some work after dropping that much wieght.

I dropped 17lbs off my flywheel and I'm still battling with some low rpm surge.

But I bet that is a fun clutch for sure.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, it will require some creative tuning. It isnt bad, but ironing it out initially can be a bit of a hassle.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That thing must love to rev!!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Louis
Finally, someone who knows the history of this clutch! If people only knew what the supra guys did to these

Yes, it works with factory hydraulics

Im sure there are 800+ rwhp M6 guys like Tiago that would really like this clutch
lol,

IIRC, Tiago is running a Spec Super Twin... ALOT cheaper than the triple Tilton, but on full metallic discs (VERY noisy! not too friendly either)... And it still won't hold what this thing does.

You know, IIRC, I think stevieturbo is running one of these... It's the one part of his car he's never had to replace after years of non-stop beatings at the track. This thing's meant to last that's for sure.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 154 Likes on 101 Posts

Holy sh*t is that crazy priced. I bet you can count on one hand how many you sell in a year. R&D for the race car

My Exo-Skel twin disc weighs 38lbs.... would love to lose 20+lbs though!

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Clutch period: The tilton triple carbon