Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

where are all the oklahoma guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I still see Tyler around rockin his red Z, I know Faust is still jamming on his woobie, P is working at QT and still has his SS AFAIK, Bruce picked up a nice silver WS6 after wiping out the blue beast (still has it in the driveway, though), Corry still has his turbo SS (albeit a blown up 402) sitting in his garage, Pretty sure Brad still has the 69, & Mikey still has the 70.
Well I dont know any of the people but I do know some of the cars you guys mentioned. I was on TFCC just before it went down but never made it to any of the meets. I did buy an UD pulley from a guy with a black LT1 Z over around 5th and Mingo I think. Maybe his name was Jeff?

I see the wrecked WS6 sitting in the driveway each week. I service a pool not far from it.

I know I see a silver LT1 bird occassionally, no clue who is in it though.

I'm surprised I dont know who P is, which QT he works at, or which SS he drives. I feel like I know every QT in down better than QT does. lol! I can't seem to stay away from those places.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Well I dont know any of the people but I do know some of the cars you guys mentioned. I was on TFCC just before it went down but never made it to any of the meets. I did buy an UD pulley from a guy with a black LT1 Z over around 5th and Mingo I think. Maybe his name was Jeff?

I see the wrecked WS6 sitting in the driveway each week. I service a pool not far from it.

I know I see a silver LT1 bird occassionally, no clue who is in it though.

I'm surprised I dont know who P is, which QT he works at, or which SS he drives. I feel like I know every QT in down better than QT does. lol! I can't seem to stay away from those places.
Yea, Jeff had the black LT1. I still talk to him too. P has a Pewter SS on CCW's. The Silver bird you'll never see on the road around here, Its been living on a lift for like 6yrs now getting fully customized.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, Jeff had the black LT1. I still talk to him too. P has a Pewter SS on CCW's. The Silver bird you'll never see on the road around here, Its been living on a lift for like 6yrs now getting fully customized.
Gotcha. I see a plain Jane silver LT1 car running around. I know the other one you are talking about. I have read several of his posts on here. That car is gorgeous.

Since I'm being all stalkerish, talking about peoples cars around town that I have never met. I see a black TA over at the QT on 51st and sheridan a lot. It has some C6 vette wheels on it and a dent right behind the drivers door. I've tried to size up the clerks to figure out which one is an f body stereotype but no luck so far.

There is a 30th anniversary TA in a neighborhood over about 91st and 129th that I know hasn't moved in months. It makes me sick. I want to rescure it. The car looks bone stock and in need of a good wax job and some tint! The house is for sale. I have been trying to work up the courage to see if they want to sell it be havent yet.

I also see a red WS6 and black WS6 over around 41st and Garnett pretty frequently. The black one has a WW front lip and the red one sits pretty low. No clue who drives them either.

I also see a red SS with black wheels and some black stripes I have never seen before (looks pretty cool) around 21st and Garnett a lot. I doubt the driver speaks english though so I haven't tried to flag him down. I've been trying to get a pic of it for a while. I think you guys will like his stripe idea.

Mike did you ever post on TSC? I went to the meet last Thursday for the first time. Met a few people, saw some nice cars for sure. You said you live in Skiatook, do you drive through town by that car lot with all the cool cars? They had a nice black WS6 for sale for a while. I was wondering who got it.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ohhyea102: welcome, and thanks for serving good luck over there

@mike and kotey: damn I need to make a trip to Tulsa you guys all kinds of **** going on. I have been in Texas alot with work... Not much of a car scene lol at least in the small areas I end up in
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

We have a ton of cool cars around here and I think TSC is slowly bringing everyone together but we have lot of loaners out there. Like I said earlier, I see a ton of F body's and nice cars running around here but no clue on who they are.

We dont have a lot of things to do around here as groups but we definitely do have a large grouping of nice cars. Hopefully we can get everyone more involved.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:14 AM
12 Second Club

Yea do you guys have a place where everyone cruises? Like around here everyone goes to 39th and we just cruise and talk crap lol. But some are dumb enough to race. But most people just talk crap then race elsewhere. Anyone been to Childress Texas?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Mike did you ever post on TSC? I went to the meet last Thursday for the first time. Met a few people, saw some nice cars for sure. You said you live in Skiatook, do you drive through town by that car lot with all the cool cars? They had a nice black WS6 for sale for a while. I was wondering who got it.
Yea, the one right at the edge of town? He always has some nice *** old school's too. I cant make the Thursday meets, I train every Thursday till almost 8pm & by then I just wanna go home, shower & relax.

On a side note I had a old *** dodge ram with 4 Mexicans crammed into it try to race me around 21st & Memorial area the other day. First they asked if I wanted to sell it, I laughed & said $15k & its yours. They laughed & rev'd at me so I romped it in second & passed them while still spinning. They didn't even look back over at me at the next light, LOL. Guess with the faded paint they made the mistake of thinking it was stock with a crapmaster muffler & could be had on the cheap, big mistake, LOL.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, the one right at the edge of town? He always has some nice *** old school's too. I cant make the Thursday meets, I train every Thursday till almost 8pm & by then I just wanna go home, shower & relax.

On a side note I had a old *** dodge ram with 4 Mexicans crammed into it try to race me around 21st & Memorial area the other day. First they asked if I wanted to sell it, I laughed & said $15k & its yours. They laughed & rev'd at me so I romped it in second & passed them while still spinning. They didn't even look back over at me at the next light, LOL. Guess with the faded paint they made the mistake of thinking it was stock with a crapmaster muffler & could be had on the cheap, big mistake, LOL.
Yep, thats the lot im talking about at the edge of town. I'm waiting for 69 Chevelle SS to show up there one day. I might just have to buy it.

Were the mexi's driving a red and silver dodge by chance?

Exodus - I dont know if we do cruises around here or not. I should know with as long as I have lived here but I have never seen/heard of/been invited to one. Some of the other guys might know. Seems like a lot of people just kinda do their own thing. Maybe we're just anti-social. lol

As far as racing, everyone does it when/where they can get away with it. I dont think there is an "official" spot.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Lucas we do have "Mexico" but its and eh spot. We don't really have cruises, me may soon but damn its hot! Tres Supra meet is sort of a cruise but not really. If you guys can make it out to a meet it would be awesome! Just don't do burn outs in the lot. LOL.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Yep, thats the lot im talking about at the edge of town. I'm waiting for 69 Chevelle SS to show up there one day. I might just have to buy it.

Were the mexi's driving a red and silver dodge by chance?

Exodus - I dont know if we do cruises around here or not. I should know with as long as I have lived here but I have never seen/heard of/been invited to one. Some of the other guys might know. Seems like a lot of people just kinda do their own thing. Maybe we're just anti-social. lol

As far as racing, everyone does it when/where they can get away with it. I dont think there is an "official" spot.
I'll keep an eye out for ya then cause I always see at least 1 car there I would like to buy. I cant remember what color the truck was, I wanna say green or black, I know it was a darker color. I havent been on a cruise since TFCC fell apart. When that was goin we had a monthly meeting at the Fuddruckers @ 71st & 169 & a yearly cook-out. We even worked the track for a TNT day once. Since then I have only been to the track maybe 3 times & been on zero cruises.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Well wtf? A town full of nice cars but no one gets **** together lol. At least tsc is doing what they can. I live and work in areas full of shity cars that they can't wait to show off and go cruise and what not lol. Got to love the good ol' rice lol... Kinda like your "buddies" in the dodge lol jk about the buddies thing
Old 07-09-2012, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

O and hey what is the difference between a 6.0 head and ls6 head? On tsp they flow the same have the same options and even cost the same just the stage 2.5 ls6's have a 58-64 cc chamber compared to the 2.5 6.0 heads with a 65-72 cc chamber. Would a 6.0 head bolt on and use a ls6 intake? Or would I need to get a different intake and which size chambers would work best? I just want a H/C/I with exhaust and minor suspension. Nothing crazy just about 4-450 to the wheels
Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tfcc was the good ol days
Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Any of the Lawton/Sill guys participating in the car show at LETRA on Saturday? I think I'm gonna register the car. Unfortunately I don't have an easel and graphics to put on display with it yet.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Get us some pics man. I'd like to see what you guys have in the area.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

X2 always like seeing what's out and bout. I saw a few clean z28' and a few cobras when I drove through the middle of Lawton on sat for work. Hell I even raceda Honda fit in the work truck (loaded down with a jobox full of tools and 400lbs of Portland cement and all kinds of shovels and other drilling junk while pulling a trailer with a 4 seater mule on it)... I almost beat him lol
Old 07-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Well on Sunday I will be living in Pawhuska for about 2 months for pipeline work, anyone up that way?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

Where do you stay normally? And the Tulsa guys are about an hr closer then me lol. But pipeline work is always fun. I just got done drilling a bunch of test holes for a new pipeline out in the Texas panhandle
Old 07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

I live in Norman, grew up here. This will be my first pipeline this close to home. I'm always up North East in Pa., Ohio, New York, or New Jersey. Some really good money up that way.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Nice on the "almost beat him" exodus. I lol'd on that one.

94WhiteZ - there is a local meet tonight in Tulsa if you want to come down. Pawhuska isn't TOO far away..

Quick Reply: where are all the oklahoma guys?