Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

car hangouts/gatherings near chicago or gurnee?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default car hangouts/gatherings near chicago or gurnee?

Im currently at great lakes and was wondering if anyone knows of any meets, spots, etc. where preferably there is a good mix of domestic and import cars. Me and some of my friends would like to get off base and check out some of the local car scene since we can't have our cars here
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LUKES ON THURSDAYS. i believe its carpentersville... a little south. HUGE turnout.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

^^^ what he said
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Dang cant really get out much on Thursdays may try to get out there one day though
Old 07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

nobody else has any places they know of?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Don't quote me if I'm wrong.lol I think Friday afternoons around 4:00pm or 5:00pm at the Mcdonalds. In front of the Gurnee Mills mall. Is usually packed, mainly old school muscle but I've seen some fbods, a termi here and there. Sprinkle in some trucks and imports and that should round it out.lol Hope this helps.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Contact this guy:

http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/members/99mpower.html

All around good guy. Very involved in the automotive scene. Happens to be stationed at Great Lakes too.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Launching!

im there too. been working on my car this year and getting my cage done. me and a couple of the first classes where i work might organize a car show around base. the drag strip in uniion grove wisconsin is a good place. but its a bit far for a taxi ride. there is also the kenosha car show on september 1st if i remember correctly. good luck with finding meets i gotta go do teh same here soon. shoudl have my car back together early next week
Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out this link for cruise nights for every day of the week.
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...-listings.html
Old 07-14-2012, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99french
im there too. been working on my car this year and getting my cage done. me and a couple of the first classes where i work might organize a car show around base. the drag strip in uniion grove wisconsin is a good place. but its a bit far for a taxi ride. there is also the kenosha car show on september 1st if i remember correctly. good luck with finding meets i gotta go do teh same here soon. shoudl have my car back together early next week
nice..maybe i will see your car around sometime, just wish i had mine here i may bring it up here in october or november though

Originally Posted by guppymech
Check out this link for cruise nights for every day of the week.
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...-listings.html
thanks i will check that out

Originally Posted by mbrouder
Contact this guy:

http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/members/99mpower.html

All around good guy. Very involved in the automotive scene. Happens to be stationed at Great Lakes too.
thanks i will check out that link to
Old 07-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Mc Donalds on River rd and Higgins in Rosemont. – Saturday nights. Small show but nice guys.

Old Orchard Mall in Skokie on Mondays nights. Huge show but you need to pre register.

Train station lot at the corner of northwest hwy and 83 Saturdays nights. Large show. Good mix of cars. Has theme nights. Word of warning. Lots of Vettes attend. Not my cup of tea so…..

Dominick's Lot on Dempster and Waukegen Rd. This is ever other week or 3rd week. Not sure but it’s run by the village of morton grove so you can check it out. Large show. Attracts a lot of exotics.

Windy city restorations ( I think that’s the name). Howard street about a half block west of Lehigh in Skokie Saturday nights.

Then there's Straits Rock 'n Roll 50's Diner out on North ave in Villa park. Show is hit or miss. Last time i was there it was all Rice.... Some nights it's ok. If you're in the area stop. Don't go out of your way though.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:55 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,278 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by dell
Mc Donalds on River rd and Higgins in Rosemont. – Saturday nights. Small show but nice guys.

Train station lot at the corner of northwest hwy and 83 Saturdays nights. Large show. Good mix of cars. Has theme nights. Word of warning. Lots of Vettes attend. Not my cup of tea so…..

Windy city restorations ( I think that’s the name). Howard street about a half block west of Lehigh in Skokie Saturday nights.
I attend all three of these shows with some regularity.

Rosemont is actually on Friday night, and is almost exclusively old domestic cars. In terms of late model cars, there are usually no more than 5 that ever show up, and of these they are Mustang/Corvette/Challenger/F-body. Sometimes when I bring one of my Camaros, it is by far the most modern car in the lot. There is not a single import in sight (this is great as far as I'm concerned, but the OP mentioned wanting a mix of domestic/import, and this is definitely not a show where you will find that). Great guys at this location, I enjoy it very much, but it's not a place to go if you want to see imports. This is a mid-sized show, usually about 30-50 different cars over the course of the night.

Mt. Prospect (train station) has more late model cars than Rosemont, but is still heavily populated with mostly old domestics. There are virtually no imports at all. This is a pretty big show, the lot fills up rather early....100+ cars would be the norm I'd say.

Windy City show was actually moved to Friday nights as of last year. It's in Niles, and is very much like the Rosemont crowd in terms of the cars. Mostly old domestics, very few late models, no imports to speak of.....at least that how it was last fall, I haven't been there this year yet. This was still a pretty small show last year, but it may have grown this year.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 07-26-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Gurnee Mcdonalds friday night starting around 5:30 or 6. A lot of nice cars of all ages there.

Saturday night- Ingleside/fox lake dog n suds. Great cruise in. Both old and new cars there

Its my weekly routine for car shows
Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

o ok thanks for the info guys...will definately check some of these places out when i get a chance
Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Check this one out.. http://www.supercarsaturdays.com/
I went there last year one time and tons of sweet cars show up!

Quick Reply: car hangouts/gatherings near chicago or gurnee?