Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Car stolen out of Great lakes dragaway ( gld ) last night 8/3/12

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car stolen out of Great lakes dragaway ( gld ) last night 8/3/12

My friend and i went to union grove last night for the rsd race in his black 97' honda civic coupe. we parked in the pits because we felt like it would be safer than parking outside of the gates, but we were wrong. Someone managed to break into the car from a tiny crack in the window, get in and start it and drove off very very quickly. the car was locked and the keys were in my friends pocket. whoever did it was very swift and knew exactly what he needed to do to get out without looking back. happend at about 11 last night right before the race ended.

There was some people that said they may have seen it heading towards chicago at a pretty good clip not long after, but there wasnt much we could do about it. The police were contacted in both the union grove area and the chicago area, but we all know it is a long shot. If anyone has any information on this or has any leads to it there is a very large cash reward. for more information you can pm me or just post on here and i will see it fast as i am going to be online for the next few days watching craigslist and other forums for parts trying to be sold from his car.

We know there is a great possibility that it is already in pieces and we wont see it again, but we are doing everything we can to help him out. Hes a great guy that just really loves his car and wants it back even if its in pieces.

here is a picture of the car...

Old 08-04-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Unhappy

Sorry to hear. That car no longer exists.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
Sorry to hear. That car no longer exists.
O we know...
Old 08-05-2012, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the north side of Chicago cause them rican's love those. Also there is a strip mall on the corner of Archer n Ashland in Chicago where nearly 2-300 imports hang out fri/sat days. Just my .2's
Old 08-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by litle88
Check the north side of Chicago cause them rican's love those. Also there is a strip mall on the corner of Archer n Ashland in Chicago where nearly 2-300 imports hang out fri/sat days. Just my .2's
Thank you, i will let him know about the spot.. and ya we had a sketchy rican dude lookin the car over earlier in the night, and we are pretty sure he is the one who took it. its hard to just point fingers at him since the crowd was really diverse that night, but something just felt wrong about him for the 10 min he stood around asking about the car...
Old 08-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

F*&^in Savages...Sorry to hear that. Really cant trust anyone these days
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There so many story floating around about this car. I heard the car was unlocked with key left in it.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowswb
There so many story floating around about this car. I heard the car was unlocked with key left in it.
This information is untrue. He had his key on him all night. The car was locked. The only problem was that his driver side window was cracked just enough to squeeze a hand through. I personally checked the doors because I had my possessions in the car as well and the crowd that night made me feel uneasy. As for the small crack, he did this because he had just recently broke a key off in the door of his daily driver, and he's been cautious of doing it again since it cost him a lot of time without the car.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, one of few civics I've seen that I like. Maybe luck will be you guys.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Aren't you puerto rican?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

North Side???? North Side is all white.... I think you meant Humble Park.... Burbank is pretty Ghetto as well lol
Old 08-11-2012, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
Aren't you puerto rican?
Hell no!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by breze84
North Side???? North Side is all white.... I think you meant Humble Park.... Burbank is pretty Ghetto as well lol
The Northside is like NY city, you never know what kind of neighborhood your in, it's all mixed and homo's running rampant!!

Don't forget those damn cub fans! Lol
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Northside is like NY city, you never know what kind of neighborhood your in, it's all mixed and homo's running rampant!!

Don't forget those damn cub fans! Lol
Im talking North side... Which is border line Norrige, Park Ridge, Skokie... Norwood Park Neighborhood of Chicago where you can find big money houses... Not shitty *** Wrigleyville, I dont really consider that northside that much....

Quick Reply: Car stolen out of Great lakes dragaway ( gld ) last night 8/3/12