Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Shipping items...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping items...

For those people shipping things, how do you send them? Fedex wants like $90 for a ypipe to cali...
Old 11-17-2004, 11:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Around here FedEx Ground is the cheapest. UPS is more.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now way, not on parts that are heavy. call Dayton Freight. there are some things you need to know as well to get the prices down as far as possible so you can save yourself some money, or even save the deal!!! nothing worse than having a buyer all ready to go and get slammed by hefty shipping charge and they want to split the cost or say byebye. they also give 50% discounts and if it's not offered, literally just say that it was offered to you before or to a friend. they only don't offer it if they forget or are new, in which they ask someone.

Dayton Freight--847)759-9003

info to get rate down: take it to their terminal if possible. if they have to pick your piece up from a residential area, house, it can be as much as 50-75 bucks more depending who you go with. so at least try to take it to a business it you can't get it to their terminal. also, tell your buyer that if he can have it arranged to be delivered to a business in his area, it will save him that amount again. or better yet, have him pick it up from their terminal for a greater savings. and last, i think, there is always a C.O.D. fee. always have them prepay parts, but they can pay for the shipping charges with a credit card before it gets to them or even cash when it arrives. if they pay for it when it gets there, there is no additional charges, unless Dayton has it delivered from their dock to them. then the other delivery company has usually adds a fee.

that should be it. hope that answers all your questions. and just for example: i sent a power glide from our dock near O'hare that Dayton picked up, and took it to Houston, to a business, for $120.67 , weighed 189lbs., which they round up to 200lbs. i am sending a complete 9", with rotors, and calipers, 4 front runners and 2 slicks, all on wheels, at 510lbs on 2 pallets, to Dayton's Louiville KY terminal for pick up by the buyer, for $161.56. and yes, the buyer will likely travel some, as my buyer is driving 1 hour to save money. btw....may have rounded up to 600lbs., but i didn't ask.

later,
Dave
Old 11-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Don't ship a Y-pipe via freight. Use UPS. Pack it yourself to save on those charges. I had headers and a Y-pipe shipped to me by UPS, and the seller only paid around $40 to ship it all.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:05 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, you can easily ship that UPS Ground. I had a y-pipe shipped to my house that way.

FedEx seems to be significantly higher on shipping charges. At my work, we use DHL because of the great deal they give the company. I'm not sure if that applies to the general public though....UPS might have them beat on that one.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Restricted User

fed ex wanted 90 for ground... im going to find out where UPS is i guess and give them a call. thanks guys

Quick Reply: Shipping items...