Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

How many people in IL arent running a front plate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Heard a rumor that there was a law passed that allowed corvette owners not to run front plates, Any truth to this?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

i doubt that, why would they let corvette owners not have front plates but still make someone with lets say a ferrari have to have one
Old 11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't run no stinkin' plate.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

up until two years ago I never ran a front plate, I got pulled over too many times though. Most of the time they are looking for other things. What's that on your breath, do you have any _____ in the car. I have it on now so there is one less reason.

They should not be able to give equipment violations at the same time as parking tickets. I got a tint ticket on my 75 pontiac (exempt) at the same time as a parking ticket by buckingham fountain and it was thrown out b/c they aren't supposed to do that. Parking maids should only handle parking.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

It sucks having to have the plate on......but I dont want no reason to be f'd with...I have it on. My cousin runs his with the filler in, got pulled over once on I-55, cop looked right at the front of the car, walked away and wrote a ticket for speeding.....never said a word about the plate.

I want to be left alone....
Old 11-26-2005, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

While I'm stationed in nj the plate is off, but when I come home I throw it in the dash. I got pulled over last time I was home for no front plate....just got a warning. It depends on the cop though.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Teching In

I live in central IL... and have never ran a front plate on my F-Body's. Been pulled over for window tint, loud exhaust, burning tires, speeding, etc... but they never once mentioned the plate. In my T/A I do have it in the back seat and play on saying "The mounting bracket is on order" if I get pulled over and they mention it. Probably wouldn't matter but that's my plan.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 408LS1TA
I live in central IL... and have never ran a front plate on my F-Body's. Been pulled over for window tint, loud exhaust, burning tires, speeding, etc... but they never once mentioned the plate. In my T/A I do have it in the back seat and play on saying "The mounting bracket is on order" if I get pulled over and they mention it. Probably wouldn't matter but that's my plan.
i can see that working on a camaro, not a ta since themounting bracket is..well, kinda molded into the front end.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Launching!

No front plate for almost 4 years now, and never had a problem!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Teching In

I have only been warned once about no front plate and this was when I was pulled over for 45 in a 40 in naperville. It seems to me that cops would rather add this on to a speeding ticket/moving violation than just pull you over for no front plate.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

you are correct sir lol

if they get you for anything they want to make sure you dont get away without paying for something

I've got a friend get, speeding, improper lane usage, no use of signal (one flash), No front plate, Noise pollution (both exhaust and system), and tints
all for going 55 in a 45 down Harlem Ave. w/ cars doing near 40 mph and pretty evenly spread out enough to squeeze and get in the wide open clear road ahead (sunday drivers) He was able to get out of all buuuuut the front plate and tints cuz of my dad but thats as far as it got not bad though got off w/ $75
Old 11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Launching!

I got "stopped" at a 4way here about 2 months ago when the State Police were doing a safety check...i didn't have a front plate on my 99 Silverado and they didn't seem to care.

However they did write me up for Illegal Window Tint, Noise pollution, not having the stock exhaust (there was no exhaust on the truck...just manifold and pipes dumping before the axle), unsafe tire tread on the rear, not wearing a seatbelt, bunch of stupid stuff. never gave me a hassle about not having a front plate though. Thankfully my mom is a county board member and has a close tie with our represenative, so everything they wrote me up for was revoked.

When i had my 97Z i was broke and driving around on cold and bald *** tires and slid and started doing donuts (not on purpose) and got a warning for wreckless driving, loss of traction, and endangering people or some other bs since it happened in a school zone on my way to school. Never bothered to mention afront plate again.

I refuse to run a front plate at all...indiana doesn't run one, so i don't since we have tons of ppl from indiana drive 20minutes to work in IL (im about 25minutes from morocco, IN) and usually cops will just think im from indiana and i jus keep cruisin. I think it varies on county, etc. We have 6 cops total on patrol at one time...and we have like the 3rd largest county in IL as far as acres go so theres alot for them to patrol and theres uaully more crime going on with drug dealers than hassleing people about a license plate or speeding.

Dave

Last edited by s3gulit; 11-27-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've only been pulled over once in the 20k miles put on the car. he was more looking for other things though. he let me go saying "nice car, you have a good one"

Quick Reply: How many people in IL arent running a front plate?