Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

How many people in IL arent running a front plate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have one and have never been pulled over for it. I have been pulled over for other things and the cop mentions the no front plate but they have never done anything about it.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:29 PM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
Well, I haven't seen your car on the street in awhile.

my cars back on the street. i dont have a front plate either
Old 10-28-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Never had a problem. I havent had front plates since i was 16. Thats been almost 5 yrs now. It helps that i have an Illinois State Police license plate bracket and my plates say: ISP 2566 For Illinois state police and the 4 digit id number. Never recieve any tickets that way. Ive been pulled over a lot because i simply have a lead foot but they think im on there side so they look the other way.

Jeff
Old 10-28-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Illegal not to have one in the state of IL. It's up to the officers discretion, they can get you or not.

If you get a parking ticket for no front plate in Chicago you're fucked. You could show up for the hearing and it won't matter. $50 dollar fine.

BTW, you can't just slap it on temporarily with tape or velcro it on, must be affixed to the vehicle. Lot of guys place it on the air dam, technically that isn't the place for it so you can still get a ticket for that even.

Never park it on city property (always a business or private lot/driveway) and you should be ok. If you get pulled over, just tell the truth (and be polite) more than likely they'll let you slide on that one.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
.... If you get a parking ticket for no front plate in Chicago you're fucked. You could show up for the hearing and it won't matter. $50 dollar fine.

... Never park it on city property (always a business or private lot/driveway) and you should be ok. If you get pulled over, just tell the truth (and be polite) more than likely they'll let you slide on that one.
I learned that one. Got a ticket from the chity of chicago for no front plate. went to court and told the judge I put the plate on and expalined I was in an acident that tore the holder out of the bunper cover (which was the truth) but it was fixed now but it didn't matter and I had to pay the fine. I took the plate back off the car the same day. I also got multiple written warnings from forest preserve *********. All with the same, "this goes into your record and next time you will recieve a ticket for it rahter than a warning" but I never did get any tickets from them. those are the only times I've had any problems. even the drunk driver/seatbelt saftey checkpoints I've not been hassled. I've not run a front plate on any cars I've had for the most part since 1997.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by 88monte
my cars back on the street. i dont have a front plate either

Man I haven't seen your **** out in awhile as well.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
I learned that one. Got a ticket from the chity of chicago for no front plate. went to court and told the judge I put the plate on and expalined I was in an acident that tore the holder out of the bunper cover (which was the truth) but it was fixed now but it didn't matter and I had to pay the fine. I took the plate back off the car the same day. I also got multiple written warnings from forest preserve *********. All with the same, "this goes into your record and next time you will recieve a ticket for it rahter than a warning" but I never did get any tickets from them. those are the only times I've had any problems. even the drunk driver/seatbelt saftey checkpoints I've not been hassled. I've not run a front plate on any cars I've had for the most part since 1997.
man those seatbelt laws **** me off bigtime, if your over 18 thats the stupidset crap.

if your too stupid to wear it you deserve to die in an accident, whats next, mandatory 5 point harness and helmet for street driving?

mandatory retrofiting of side airbags?

all these damn "for your safty" laws are getting out of hand, thats what survival of the fittest is all about, no wonder the earths population is booming so bad, they jsut wont let the stupid people die like they would if the rules werent around.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
Man I haven't seen your **** out in awhile as well.
hes been having it out for awile, unless he put it away again.., ive seen it a number of times
Old 11-02-2005, 04:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have a front plate and havent gotten pulle dover in this car for it... F the police f em
Old 11-02-2005, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

been pulled over for no front plate on the T/A hadda put one on though...moms idea. Don't fel like paying for a lil **** tcket either.

Not for the Camaro yet but i think thats cuz it still has templates :dunno:

The real question is, can i get away w/ NO exhaust out here in IL and jsut run straight headers.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
The real question is, can i get away w/ NO exhaust out here in IL and jsut run straight headers.
nope, anything other than stock is illegal, although soon im gonna be running LTs and duals, i dont give a ****
Old 11-02-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my buddy ran straight headers on his 5.0L F150 for a while and never got **** other than that he only had glass packs on it afterwards never got **** for that either. I'm not sure w sports car can get away w/ it though
Old 11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No F/plate & not gona run one either.....
Old 11-02-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cephiros
man those seatbelt laws **** me off bigtime, if your over 18 thats the stupidset crap.

if your too stupid to wear it you deserve to die in an accident, whats next, mandatory 5 point harness and helmet for street driving?

mandatory retrofiting of side airbags?

all these damn "for your safty" laws are getting out of hand, thats what survival of the fittest is all about, no wonder the earths population is booming so bad, they jsut wont let the stupid people die like they would if the rules werent around.
Those laws are made to protect people not **** them off. Look up some simple statistics (you can do it online) and see what kind of a difference seat belts make.

Drive safely.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
Those laws are made to protect people not **** them off. Look up some simple statistics (you can do it online) and see what kind of a difference seat belts make.

Drive safely.
all im saying is if we didnt have that law we would have far less stupid people in our midsts.

im not doubting your statistics i already know that, my point was simply your personal safty should be up to you, not big brother.

i feel under the age of 18 safety belts shoud be law, just because they are under an adults responsability (for the most part at least) where as 18 or older if your to stpid to wear a seabelt, the world is much better off without you

yes i dont have much hope for the majoraty of humanity anymore, and the fact that they feel the need for common sence laws is direct proof of why
Old 11-02-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

I refuse to put on my front plate. Every time I get pulled over, I just tell the officer that the liscense plate bracket was on back order from the dealer. I've gotten off with a warning everytime.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i drove my SS for 2 years and never had a front plate on it. not once did i get pulled over or even notice a cop giving it a second look other than to drool over the car itself! lol......yea right. but, never pulled over.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
It really depends on the area, some cops care, some don't.
I haven't had a front plate on a car I've owned in 10 years.
I've gotten stopped three times for it... once about 3 miles from my house back in 1999 in my 1999 Camaro (verbal warning), once this summer downstate in my Z28(written warning), and once this spring in my town in my Grand Am (written warning - also for window tints).
i have to agree, Im not running a front plate on mine but there are 2 surrounding towns im my area that have a fit about no front plate and then there is one that doesnt care. Same thing with window Tints...
Old 11-06-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stone part is the worst hands i know 4 people that have gotten tickets one of them got one and then another next day again... they love the no front plate and seatbelt $75 for either.... and they dont care who you are of any excuse you have you will get the ticket.... this is between (64) north ave and lake street cause station is right between there and they are always there so avoid it cause if they are in sight you will get one....
Old 11-06-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive never had a problem, i live in lockport, i frequently travel to joliet, orland, and aurora and ive never had any trouble.

Quick Reply: How many people in IL arent running a front plate?