Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes we do the tuning in Kokomo. We do not have a "shop" as most call it but do all of our work in town. Depending on the mods, the tune will run from $75-$275. Our tuning is done using EFILive and a Innovate wideband. You can check our past customers to see their experience. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you aren't happy, you don't pay.

http://www.greenlightmotorsports.com...d=15&Itemid=47
Old 11-10-2007, 02:03 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Yes we do the tuning in Kokomo. We do not have a "shop" as most call it but do all of our work in town. Depending on the mods, the tune will run from $75-$275. Our tuning is done using EFILive and a Innovate wideband. You can check our past customers to see their experience. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you aren't happy, you don't pay.

http://www.greenlightmotorsports.com...d=15&Itemid=47
A+ for chad&pat @GLM. they are truly some of the best tuners around.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Hey David, I have 2 sisters now... So stop trying to hit on my girl, now you have 2 other girls to try and get with. But your chances still look kinda shitty j/k
Goodman would definentely be a good race for you. In the Nova of course. Either way it'd be something worth watching.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

So anyone looking into some engine work for next year??? Post up and let us know. Just curious of who all is putting something together. It'd be nice to get a crew together for some racing next summer. LMK
Old 11-10-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Well im 1 hour south from indy
Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Chad, its a small world. I checked out your website and noticed your location. As I stated earlier I'm originally from Kokomo and my mom lives just off of Hickory Ln in Devon Woods and I spent alot of time down the street from you at the Younts' house (704 N Hickory) when I was younger. I very interested in a tune and will get back with you soon. I should have my intake and ram air hood installed within two weeks. What tune would you suggest for an LS1 with just catback and intake? What should I expect from the "complete street tune"?
Old 11-11-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hello from the southside of Indy...I haven't been posting in awhile, school's getting the best of me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vannatte
Chad, its a small world. I checked out your website and noticed your location. As I stated earlier I'm originally from Kokomo and my mom lives just off of Hickory Ln in Devon Woods and I spent alot of time down the street from you at the Younts' house (704 N Hickory) when I was younger. I very interested in a tune and will get back with you soon. I should have my intake and ram air hood installed within two weeks. What tune would you suggest for an LS1 with just catback and intake? What should I expect from the "complete street tune"?
Small world. When you are ready, just let me know and we will get you taken care of. The complete tune is going to optimize your shift points as well as timing and AFR.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not from Indy but I go to school in Bloomington now. I live in Plymouth, up north which is where my Z28 is currently at.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I could see how the cops have your car memorized....especially if it only is taking you a 1/2 hour from Indy to Tipton. You must really be hauling! I've commuted back and forth to Indy for over 14 years, and it takes me around 50 minutes to an hour to go one way.

Yep, you're right about being close to me when traveling on 31. I live 4 miles East of it.
A half hour is a rough estimate. I know that when I visit my brother or my parents in Logansport, I can get from my driveway to theirs in about 75 minutes. Getting from my apartment to Kokomo takes me just about an hour, depending on traffic. Therefore, I'll agree with your 50 minute assessment. I've never stopped in Tipton, thus my estimate.

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Z Fury, yeah I live and grew up in Indy. I live close to us31 south where we all cruise at on the weekends (in the summer). I've been going down on the southside for about 4 years now. Alot of people know me by my Black 86 Iroc Z28, and others know me by my Red 94 Firebird Formula......Well next year you should definentely try to get down to the local hangouts and meet some of the guys. We're all pretty cool people.
Sounds cool man. I'm down there quite a bit, as I have friends that live on the south side (Emerson/Thomspon area). If I'm not floating around the boards, PM me come spring time. Currently, my car is too stock to be noticed.

Last edited by Z Fury; 11-12-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone in the Indy area have a paint shop they recommend? Someone backed into me awhile back, the paint on the nose of the car cracked, and is now flaking off. I've put this off for too long, but I don't trust a lot of people working on this thing. I've been screwed too many times on stuff like this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Z Fury; 11-12-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Damn I thought all of you had died sense none of you were posting. Good to hear everyone is doing good. Planes for me this winter are a H/C combo, maybe a lil spray who knows!!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

west sider here... i know the black iroc/red formy guy...

i have a slow turd gen though
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

BlackLS199 & svtwhat.....Whats been going on guys' Not too much here. Got another Camaro today Traded the DD 86 Z28 for a 96 Blue camaro with a 3.8L V6/5 Speed. It's my new Daily Driver. It has a badass (I think Harwood) ram-air/cowlhood on it and the cowl is painted silver but the rest of the hood is still blue. Deciding what to do with this after I get the Formula put together (383 stroker setup I'm doing). I was thinking of putting the LT1 out of the Formy in it and put a head/cam package on it and just put new bearings and rings in the bottom end or something??? Well GTG, but nice to talk to ya guys again.------------ JAMES
Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
So anyone looking into some engine work for next year??? Post up and let us know. Just curious of who all is putting something together. It'd be nice to get a crew together for some racing next summer. LMK
I'm coming to kick all your asses next season with my new toy! LOL.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 AM

NE sider here. Don't see many f-bodies in my neck of the woods. Plans for the winter are to swap in a 12 bolt in my '01, upgrade wheels/tires, finish off the suspension mods, replace my beat up SLP longtubes with Kooks longtubes and have Speed Inc. fab a custom true dual exhaust for the car. I'm getting the car setup for the LSX 454 heart transplant that is coming in the spring
Old 11-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Teching In

This is Matt from the south side. I got out a couple of times this summer and met some of you guys(edward's and burlington). My goal for this winter is to keep my car in one piece because my son wrecked my DD car, and I'm too broke to buy another beater right now. I'm looking forward to getting out more next summer and hopefully hook up sometimes on Tuesday nights at ORP. I am going to change my fuel filter this weekend,thanks for the offer James,but I think I can handle this myself.LOL!
Later!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

Hey JR I've got some stuff thats needs to be painted sometime over the winter I'll be giving you a call sometime!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rowin Gearz
NE sider here. Don't see many f-bodies in my neck of the woods. Plans for the winter are to swap in a 12 bolt in my '01, upgrade wheels/tires, finish off the suspension mods, replace my beat up SLP longtubes with Kooks longtubes and have Speed Inc. fab a custom true dual exhaust for the car. I'm getting the car setup for the LSX 454 heart transplant that is coming in the spring

I dont recall ever seeing your cars on the NE side? Trex car is hard to miss, I used to have one There are a handfull of quick Fbodies up here.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Apparently I'm not NE enough - I don't remember seeing any of your cars. I live in the 71st/Shadeland area. I'm assuming you guys are more toward the Fishers area?

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!