Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

military people inside!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default military people inside!

hey yall i just got a failure to obey a traffic signal (stop sign) on post by an MP...basically i rolled up to the sign and i stopped and even paused....only i was sitting on a hill and rocked the car in 1st (its a m6)....so i can honestly see why he would think i rolled through...however the ticket i got doesnt cost me any money or come with any directions to do anything.....basically he told me i dont pay any money and it gets sent to my chain of command for further action by them (prolly nothing)....my question is does anything get sent to my civilian driving record?.....im pretty sure there are no repercussions other then what my chain of command decides to do but i want to be 100% sure because i cant afford insurance with any more tickets.....thanks!
Old 06-16-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a good question. Anyone know the answer to this? You might also want to try posting on the military subforum.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:31 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Please post in the correct section next time.

I moved it here so you have a better chance of replies.

Thanks,
Craig.
LS1TECH.com Staff
Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nope, it goes to a base magistrate and if you go to "traffic court" then you might lose points against your on base driving privileges. (12 points = no driving on base for 1 year).

Tom
Old 06-17-2007, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Default thanks alot...

hey man thanks i dont think its going to any traffic court on base...he told me there was no action by me....it would just be sent to my chain of command and they would take further action...which probably means my platoon sgt will have to write me a counciling statment (will never happen) and i will have to give a block of instructions on why it is important to stop at every stop sign haha ok whatever....im not going to fight it
Old 06-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Striped02WS6
hey yall i just got a failure to obey a traffic signal (stop sign) on post by an MP...basically i rolled up to the sign and i stopped and even paused....only i was sitting on a hill and rocked the car in 1st (its a m6)....so i can honestly see why he would think i rolled through...however the ticket i got doesnt cost me any money or come with any directions to do anything.....basically he told me i dont pay any money and it gets sent to my chain of command for further action by them (prolly nothing)....my question is does anything get sent to my civilian driving record?.....im pretty sure there are no repercussions other then what my chain of command decides to do but i want to be 100% sure because i cant afford insurance with any more tickets.....thanks!

i got the same thing a couple months ago on base. Nothing happens, just 4 or 6 points added to your 12 allowable. Didn't really care for it since I get out this month!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Yea the same thing happened to me and I didnt even have to show up I just told my command about it and called PMO on the phone. It was no big deal
Old 06-17-2007, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

yeah, Have had a few tickets on base I just take it to the first shirts (AF) office and they put it in my records nothing ever happens unless you are doing like 20+ over the speed limit, or damage government prop.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striped02WS6
hey man thanks i dont think its going to any traffic court on base...he told me there was no action by me....it would just be sent to my chain of command and they would take further action...which probably means my platoon sgt will have to write me a counciling statment (will never happen) and i will have to give a block of instructions on why it is important to stop at every stop sign haha ok whatever....im not going to fight it

you are correct! as a former MP that's what happens. When you do get that DA 4856 just nonconcur because it's your word against his. And then write your reason why, then you should be good to go.

Also don't worry the Army doesn't report it to your state, we just keep it on file for a few years here localy. So no points!

Quick Reply: military people inside!