Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Well it is finally done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well it is finally done!!!!

I am going to be a Marine and I leave for Boot Camp on November 13. Just suck's that I will not be here for XMAS. Also it's going to be hard to being away from my wife and 2 kid's. Has anybody signed up and left for Boot that had a wife and kid's????
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Teching In

I was single when I went to AF boot camp years ago, but know a lot of people who went that were married. I also was in the training world and can speak about this.

I cannot stress this enough, so take this serious:
Just remember that when you are there at boot camp, your contact with the family will be gone for awhile. You will not be able to call them when you arrive and let them know you are OK and stuff. Don't even THINK of asking your TI (is that what Marines call them?) if you can contact them. You are there to learn how to become a Marine, and everything else is a distraction. Ensure you and your wife are clear on this.
Make sure she is set with things like money and bills and can handle it herself, because she will be on her own for some time, and you don't need any home stress at all while in boot camp. Will she have any support from family? Let her know you will be unable to take care of any problems at home until your training is complete, and she will be on her own until then. I have seen people kicked out of boot camp because their heart was not in it because of home ****, and your training Commanders will not tolorate any calls from stressed out spouses demanding their husband.

You will get some time later to communicate and that is important. You must keep in touch, but remember your primary mission: becoming a Marine.

From this Retired Air Force Master Sergeant, I salute you for taking this step. Good luck, work hard and give our country 100% and you will be sucessful. I have nothing but the highest respect for anyone who earns the Marine uniform (and it IS earned).
Old 09-27-2007, 05:58 AM
11 Second Club

You have a wife and 2 kids and you joined the Marines? Any particular reason why? People can hate me all they want for saying this, but I wouldnt reccommend anyone to join the army or marines that have a family these days, not if you want to see them anyway.

Good luck.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Teching In

hey i just want to say a littel bit.
its awesome you decided to join us man. The corps has treated me great so far. Have fun in boot camp man. Its crazy dont sweat it, step up and lead instead of just going with the every day routine.
I hope your family does alright w/o you but I think you wil be completelt satisfied when you get to come home again.
Semper Fi
Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mullet
I was single when I went to AF boot camp years ago, but know a lot of people who went that were married. I also was in the training world and can speak about this.

I cannot stress this enough, so take this serious:
Just remember that when you are there at boot camp, your contact with the family will be gone for awhile. You will not be able to call them when you arrive and let them know you are OK and stuff. Don't even THINK of asking your TI (is that what Marines call them?) if you can contact them. You are there to learn how to become a Marine, and everything else is a distraction. Ensure you and your wife are clear on this.
Make sure she is set with things like money and bills and can handle it herself, because she will be on her own for some time, and you don't need any home stress at all while in boot camp. Will she have any support from family? Let her know you will be unable to take care of any problems at home until your training is complete, and she will be on her own until then. I have seen people kicked out of boot camp because their heart was not in it because of home ****, and your training Commanders will not tolorate any calls from stressed out spouses demanding their husband.

You will get some time later to communicate and that is important. You must keep in touch, but remember your primary mission: becoming a Marine.

From this Retired Air Force Master Sergeant, I salute you for taking this step. Good luck, work hard and give our country 100% and you will be sucessful. I have nothing but the highest respect for anyone who earns the Marine uniform (and it IS earned).
Thanks for your post and yeah my wife know's all and what to expect. I have saved up for her to be goodwith bill's and a lot more. I wouldn't go if I didn't have her full support and I do so I know that I am doing a great thing for her and my family. Also ye we have my Grandparent's living with us and have a lot of family around to be there for her and my kids. My kamily is going to be my biggest motavtion to get my *** through boot camp. Also thank you very much for your reply and for the advice.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCurtin
You have a wife and 2 kids and you joined the Marines? Any particular reason why? People can hate me all they want for saying this, but I wouldnt reccommend anyone to join the army or marines that have a family these days, not if you want to see them anyway.

Good luck.
I am going to see my family because when you have 3 dependent's you have to go Reserve. I have alway's wanted to be a Marine and my Wife is supporting me a 100% on this. Also it is going to help me get a house and become a cop.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by risner
hey i just want to say a littel bit.
its awesome you decided to join us man. The corps has treated me great so far. Have fun in boot camp man. Its crazy dont sweat it, step up and lead instead of just going with the every day routine.
I hope your family does alright w/o you but I think you wil be completelt satisfied when you get to come home again.
Semper Fi

Thanks bro and I can't wait for them to see me at Gradution!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

have fun man they'll screw with you but let that **** roll of your back like water on a ducks back. it'll be over before you know it. it does suck going during christmas. what's going to be your mos?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackws69
have fun man they'll screw with you but let that **** roll of your back like water on a ducks back. it'll be over before you know it. it does suck going during christmas. what's going to be your mos?

0481 ( Landing Support)

Thanks for the advice and yeah it is going to suck not being home for christmas.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

COP dont do that man im 20 + years out of it now do something else with a wife 2 kids you WILL BE BROKE living from paycheck to paycheck.... extra jobs bite u in the *** tax time think about it jmho....
Old 09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

As far as bootcamp, Think of it as a game, its not a game but if u think of all the mind games as a mental game between u and them ull get through it and ull have fun while ur goin through. I did it that way and had fun, and did well.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
I am going to see my family because when you have 3 dependent's you have to go Reserve. I have alway's wanted to be a Marine and my Wife is supporting me a 100% on this. Also it is going to help me get a house and become a cop.
HMmm, Marines must treat their reserves differently. I'm guessing you have your info, but Marine/Cop, family to support? Thats not good odds.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck with Basic, my hat goes off to you for making such a huge sacrifice to support your family. Damn, talk about manin' up, this is a good example of that...
Old 09-28-2007, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
0481 ( Landing Support)

Thanks for the advice and yeah it is going to suck not being home for christmas.

red patcher huh. well your school is going to be at camp johnson out here at lejeune. when you get out here there's a group of f-bodies that hang out at jersery mikes don't worry you'll know where it's at once you get out here. it's on western blvd across from navy fed ever sat evening between 5-6 pm they meet. school isn't to bad out here, johnson sucks *** though. there's a few guys on here from this area.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tigertank
COP dont do that man im 20 + years out of it now do something else with a wife 2 kids you WILL BE BROKE living from paycheck to paycheck.... extra jobs bite u in the *** tax time think about it jmho....

What do you mean???? I am going into the Reserves and want a better career then the one I am doing.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCurtin
HMmm, Marines must treat their reserves differently. I'm guessing you have your info, but Marine/Cop, family to support? Thats not good odds.

Ok I don't get what you are trying to say????Can you just let me know what you are saying in your post. Because it real be better to just come out with it then making me trying to figur out what you are trying to say LOL.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bdford
As far as bootcamp, Think of it as a game, its not a game but if u think of all the mind games as a mental game between u and them ull get through it and ull have fun while ur goin through. I did it that way and had fun, and did well.
Thanks for the advice
Old 09-28-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zeke34
Best of luck with Basic, my hat goes off to you for making such a huge sacrifice to support your family. Damn, talk about manin' up, this is a good example of that...

Thanks bro
Old 09-28-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackws69
red patcher huh. well your school is going to be at camp johnson out here at lejeune. when you get out here there's a group of f-bodies that hang out at jersery mikes don't worry you'll know where it's at once you get out here. it's on western blvd across from navy fed ever sat evening between 5-6 pm they meet. school isn't to bad out here, johnson sucks *** though. there's a few guys on here from this area.
Is that where you are at???? Man you are making wish I can take my car with me there LOL.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

hey bird cops dont make much more than you will in the corps once ur done with traing and make ur first paygarade increases 20 years at houston pd and 43k a year that is not alot for 20 years..with out doing overtime extra jobs just to afford extras........fireman have it better work 9 days a month!!

Quick Reply: Well it is finally done!!!!