Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Any recruiters in here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any recruiters in here?

I have been stationed in Va for coming up on 4 years now, and my wife and I are both from Tampa, Fl...and whadda ya know...there isnt any shore billets, or sea billets open for me except for Pensacola (instructor billet) or Jacksonville (sea billet). My sea time is up (and I dont want to be on another ship anyway), and we want to try and get back home. Only way to get to Tampa is go recruiting, and I already have my orders to the Miami Recruiting District (covers Tampa)...

Im just curious to see if anyone here is, or was, a recruiter, and get their input. How are the hours, stuff like that. I know its not going to be easy, but I just wanna see how people liked it..
Old 02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Im a Airforce recruiter. its not like any other job. You work with civilians, (people you are signing up) which changes everything. Its got its good things and its bad things. Alot of it has to do with your market, meaning how easy is it to make goal.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Do you like being a recruiter? How are your hours?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Well not speaking from personal experiance. But I have two good friends that have done it, and also there is a guy on here NVME he hangs out in the Northwest forum, he is navy as well.

They work there ***'s off. But it really depends on if you have a good RINC. If your rink is a half way decent guy to work for, he will be able to show and tell you were the hot spots are to get easy shoe-in's. Once you go through the training and then hit the feild, it will probibly take you a month to get use to talking in front of bigger crowds, and young kids. One of my buddies was married during recruiting dutie, and it ended his 9 year relationship with is other half, for one, to much time away from home at odd hours. And for two, two many 18 year old cheer leader types were way to easily found.

Before you go recruiting though, figure out were you wanna go, call up the local recruitors office and ask them questions like, how many are they suppose to have in a month, how often do they hit there mark? How many recruitors are there? whats there average for reapin? and the most important, ask about the RINC. see what his co-workers think of him....

But call them before you get released from your detailor.

Hope I helped you out some. If you have any more questions, I will see what I can find out for you.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Restricted User

A friend of mine is an Army recruiter in the Jacksonville area and absolutely loves it!~
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 AM
TECH Junkie

well i already have my orders, so there isnt any turning back now.lol. but its not as easy as calling the RINC bc i dont know exactly where im going. the detailer can only give orders to a district, and a district is huge. then, the chief recruiter for the district sends me somewhere specific.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck...I am a Air national guard recruiter and love it.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Good luck brother I just escaped navy recruiting. I will never do it again. ever.
like other's here said it has alot to do with your rinc (recruiter in charge) and your market. Dont know where your going (district wise) but the best thing you can do is stay in your high schools. talk to all the people in it even if they dont want to join right now. They will talk to you if you just talk to them about what they like. I wish you the best and happy hunting.

stay on top of your rate thou. its hard as hell to come back too it after 3 yrs of not doing it.

Quick Reply: Any recruiters in here?