Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

GTPSP times Laguna Seca.... Interesting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default GTPSP times Laguna Seca.... Interesting.

Ok so those of you who have GTPSP you have probably already discovered that it gets quite boring to keep grinding the same race over and over again hoping that your car will be for sale soon....

SOOO

Too pass the time and increase my Garage I have decided to start doing Laguna Seca "Mazda Raceway" runs with various cars and I have been recording my fastest lap times on paper "because GT has never kept track for us..."

Here are some of my runs so far, and I think they represent pretty close to where these cars should end up if all in a race together...

Year Model Time

1969 Camaro Z/28 "302" 1'42.679
2001 Camaro SS "ls1" 1'38.562
1990 Corvette ZR1 "lt5" 1'40.649
2000 Corvette Z06 "ls6" 1'36.749
2000 Mustang SVT Cobra R 1'37.141
2009 Corvette ZR1 "ls9" 1'32.946

Of course you can't modify these cars on this game so that's all bone stock except with sticky tires and some suspension tweaks.

Now an interesting thing to note, is although the 1990 ZR1 had 375hp, it still came in 2 seconds behind the 2001 SS. Now this may be because so far this was the only car it has not let me make adjustments to the suspension, but I thought for sure it would do better. Also, look how well the Cobra R performed, it is a same that only 300 of those car's were produced. It had a similar hp rating to the 1990 ZR1 but look how much better it performed. Also it was a lot easier to stay consistent with the Cobra then it was with the Z06, although it was much less forgiving if you did manage to lose control of it.

The other interesting one is the ZR1. Now given I beat ever other time with it, but with arguably some of my sloppiest driving with any. It is extremely hard to maintain control coming out of a corner and even on long straights this car can get kind of squirrly, I think the Cobra had the edge here in Aero because of the body kit and huge spoiler on it, the obvious down-force it created was substation over the ZR1 in this course.

I'm still testing more cars to come, Chevelle is on my list, as is the Terd Gen Iroc, and the 69 SS to name a few. The problem is, I'm running 30 minute races at the Seca so this was litterally a lot of playing on my behalf and its wearing out my fingers....

Current car being tested "games on pause" is a first gen Talon......

If anyone else has some times posted for this track on their GT psp games, feel free to post them especially if you can contradict my findings so far on the cars above. "I want to see some ZR1 times with a better driver"

Also if you have any requests for me to test on this track let me know, I'd even be willing to test the pickup trucks if there was an intrest....

Hope SOMEONE found this as interesting as I did....
Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, it wasn't a first gen Talon that I had, but I have times for that and the 88 IROC concept.....

No one plays this game or what??
Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****, I haven't bought this game yet.

I would like to run the same cars on Seca and see what times I would get.

Downhill corkscrew FTW.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2000 Corvette Z06? That's pretty rare.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Morbid
2000 Corvette Z06? That's pretty rare.
so is the SVT Cobra R as only 300 were produced for that year.... Gran Turismo is good for putting in cars like that, even though they didn't put in the 2002 ZL-1 Camaro

Also correction on previous post, it states 2001 SS Camaro, after looking at it, I realize its actually a 2000 Camaro SS so it doesn't have the ls6 intake

Just doubled checked and it does indeed say 2000 z06 instead of 2001 z06, so maybe they produced a few z06's in late 2000 and this game is calling it as such....or possibly a typo because even the game info on the car mentions its first year being 2001......

I have more time's I will be posting soon, and the muscle cars seem to be doing well because of their low gearing.

Any requests?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
****, I haven't bought this game yet.

I would like to run the same cars on Seca and see what times I would get.

Downhill corkscrew FTW.

That's my favorite part but with the fact you can't upgrade on the psp, it can make it quite tricky for high horsepower cars...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Teching In

He was being sarcastic about the 2000 Z06.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

The real-world track times (done by MT) for the cars you used that have been around leguna seca in production stock form are considerably slower than the times you posted for the game.

-C6 ZR1= 1:35.8
-C6 Z06= 1:40.9

If you did much better than that (looks like an avg. of 3.5 seconds) then I think there is something wrong with the physics in that game.

Forza 2 and 3 have the same problem. I managed to break the 1 minute barrier in a bone stock C6Z in Forza 1, 2, and 3. The thing is, tuner shops have built dedicated track cars that struggled to get that time and the real life record around there in a C6Z is 1:04.551...
Old 11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I managed to break the 1 minute barrier in a bone stock C6Z in Forza 1, 2, and 3.
You did no such thing.

There's not even an X class car in Forza 3 that's broken the 1 minute barrier. The bone stock C6 Z06 is an A class car (A<S<R3<R2<R1<X.)
Old 11-11-2009, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
The real-world track times (done by MT) for the cars you used that have been around leguna seca in production stock form are considerably slower than the times you posted for the game.

-C6 ZR1= 1:35.8
-C6 Z06= 1:40.9

If you did much better than that (looks like an avg. of 3.5 seconds) then I think there is something wrong with the physics in that game.

Forza 2 and 3 have the same problem. I managed to break the 1 minute barrier in a bone stock C6Z in Forza 1, 2, and 3. The thing is, tuner shops have built dedicated track cars that struggled to get that time and the real life record around there in a C6Z is 1:04.551...

As I said, this was done with racing tires and suspension tweaks on the cars that allowed me to tweak suspension.... equivalent would be stock car with tires and suspension... SOO if ran them with the N1 or S1 whichever it is, instead of the R3 and then didn't tweak the suspension, they would probably be pretty accurate....also...I am a good driver on the game and take risks I wouldn't irl.... Those were all taken on a 17 lap race, some of my lap times were over 2 minutes because my risks were too risky and I would lose it....those were just the best times I posted in that 17 lap race...oh and some of those laps I might of jumped off the corkscrew instead of following the track....."going too fast".... again, driving lines that are persistent to real life driving.

Soo thanks for those lap times, that confirms that they are pretty accurately depicted on a hand held console.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Not saying the game is perfect but, you have to rember a computer has no fear at all or danger level

People do
Old 11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slick1851
Not saying the game is perfect but, you have to rember a computer has no fear at all or danger level

People do
I would say a professional race car driver has no fear while racing. There's a big difference between game and real life. One, the game doesn't take brake fade into account. Second, it doesn't mimic the weather or elevation of real world tests. Third, it doesn't exactly detail how the car acts around the track. It's a simulator, yes, but it's not that sophisticated.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Morbid
I would say a professional race car driver has no fear while racing. There's a big difference between game and real life. One, the game doesn't take brake fade into account. Second, it doesn't mimic the weather or elevation of real world tests. Third, it doesn't exactly detail how the car acts around the track. It's a simulator, yes, but it's not that sophisticated.
actually most of the newer games do take brake fade into consideration...I know I was seeing brake fade like crazy.....given...the brakes only fade temporarily and are back in full for the next corner only to fade halfway through it....

And I'm sorry, professional drivers get scared too. I'm technically a professional driver by all definitions, although not a "race car driver". If your not a little bit afraid of racing, then you have no respect for it, and are asking to get hurt..

Given, they know how to handle that fear better then the average Joe, but the fear and the respect is still there... After all, its that fear that gives us that rush. If there was no rush, no one would do it..

I have some more times to post....and again, I realize its just a game, but I believe these times could be a LOT further off from the real thing then they are, and I need to keep myself occupied getting more cars so I can transfer them to GT5.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

1997 Eagle Talon ESI 1'48.487
1988 Iroc Concept 1'41.423
1996 Grand Sport Vette "LT4" 1'38.637
2000 TVR Speed 6 1'35.507
1070 Chevelle 454 SS 1'40.058
1969 Camaro SS "350" 1'40.578

Notice how the GS LT4 Vette did better then the older ZR1 I posted above...I really wish I could tinker with the suspension on the ZR1 because by all numbers, hp/weight etc, its a superior car to a lot of these cars that are beating it... The eagle Talon did respectable in hanging in there, and the GS Vette was definitely a shocker to me. The TVR was fast but hard to handle, the Iroc, staked a small claim here, and the Chevelle and the SS were just about like driving the same car despite the weight differances due to the increased hp in Chevelle....

Anyone else going to post some times?? Or do I have to test every single car? LOL

Quick Reply: GTPSP times Laguna Seca.... Interesting.