Z06 vs "another car"

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Debian Dog
Lighten up Francis...
YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!

$300 for tires, $500 for the nitrous kit. That's ~$800, dork.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, that's my car in the video. FWIW I don't really care what anyone else thinks about the car. There's a reason for that, it's my car. I didnt build it for anyone else.

I know a Neon is not everyones cup of tea (hell it's not my number one choice but I get it virtually free) and for the record, I didnt know this was going to get posted here.

As for the haters... you may not like the car, you may think it's a girls car, but you better be making some nice power or you will be getting beat by it. Plain and simple.

For the rest of the people, I appreciate the comments. I think the real "car enthusiasts" are pretty easy to pick out of this thread.

Take it easy!
Old 12-18-2004, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

So just so we are clear:

If I drop $3500 on heads, cam, 4.10 gears in my LS1 and run 11's... post that.
On LS1tech. Yes. Brilliant.

But, if I drop $3500 in my Skittle for new a new turbo, fuel system, etc... That is unimpressive and you have no interest whatsoever of seeing it?
Post it on the skittle board, dopey.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04BlackSRT-4

As for the haters... you may not like the car, you may think it's a girls car, but you better be making some nice power or you will be getting beat by it. Plain and simple.

Just wondering, what mods do you have on your car?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BadAndy
On LS1tech. Yes. Brilliant.
Post it on the skittle board, dopey.
I liked you better when you were a newbie and did not know jack all about LS1's... I remember when you joined... Asking simple questions in the beginners forum. When was that? OH YEAH. Last Year... Maybe when you mature a bit more you will grow to see that ANY fast car can be interesting.

Also with tires and N2O (125 shot) I was unable to put my car into the 11's. Lots of 12.1-12.2 passes. So that is not a "give me"

Edit: Perhaps LS1Tech should do what the Skittle board does. Have an LS1 ONLY video section and another video section for "Other". That way you would never have to bare to watch an LS1 lose to another car.

Poor you... The crappy Neon runs faster than your car in the 1/4. "I don't want to see, I don't want to see"

Last edited by Debian Dog; 12-18-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

I liked you better when you were a newbie and did not know jack all about LS1's... I remember when you joined... Asking simple questions in the beginners forum. When was that? OH YEAH. Last Year... Maybe when you mature a bit more you will grow to see that ANY fast car can be interesting.
Everyone has to learn, dipshit. I am mature enough to know which board is for what. Neons can be fast. Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea ......

Also with tires and N2O (125 shot) I was unable to put my car into the 11's. Lots of 12.1-12.2 passes. So that is not a "give me"
You were right about the arrogant part. You are the exception, not the rule.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Debian is right, most model specific boards have two video sections. One for videos pertaining to the model the forum is dedicated to and another for all other videos.

Just something to think about.

As for my mods, theyre listed at the end of the video. Basicaly:

Bigger turbo
Bigger fuel system (750cc injectors, walbro 255lph, return line)
Bigger Intercooler
Intake
Exhaust
E-manage & E-01 (fuel computer and boost controller)

Still totally unopened motor. Stock heads/cams/bottom end.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Iw ould think the bottom end would be fine for a while, but the valvetrain might start holding it back shortly. What turbo did you use?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't you guys ever get tired over arguing this?

Debian Dog, what you do every week with these SRT-4 vids is like sitting and poking a dead bird carcass over and over for a whole day. Are you really that entertained by it?

Last edited by enisguy; 12-18-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

WTF is with all the peon neon posts over the past couple of weeks? You have a fast T/A and and you can easily have a neon that's just as fast, so that's great. If you build an 11 second neon as a daily driver I think alot of people here will respect that but don't expect them to jump up and down and flip out over it. I don't think that there is a doubt that these cars are great bang for the buck cars but these threads just bring out the haters and there is no ******* point to them. It almost seems your trying to push them on to people to convince them to like them. That's not going to happen the hating will only get worse.

Now if you get vids of your own neon running 11s people might take some more intrest and you might get some more respect. Hell, it would be like me being a member of SRT forum and posting vids of Parish's truck running a 10, then telling them they better watch out for the ugly Silverado pickups because they can be fast and I have one just like it but it's still stock.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by enisguy
Debian Dog, what you do every week with these SRT-4 vids is like sitting and poking a dead bird carcass over and over for a whole day. Are you really that entertained by it?
Every week? I have been here like 3 years... Well maybe the last 3 weeks I have posted a few...

No i just post the vids and things I find interesting. It just happens the "Neons" are in there "hay day" right now because people are starting to figure them out and are over the "It's new I am not going to mod it phase". The Stage 3 just came out from Dodge and 2 other 3rd parties just came out with kits to push your "Neon" over 400HP. Hell if anything I am pissed at GM! What do they offer? The hotcam? LOL...

I will make you a deal... no Skittle/Neon/SRT-4 posts for a few months. How's that?

Originally Posted by enisguy
Are you really that entertained by it?
Kind of... then again I am entertained watching a K-Car whip up on a Surpa too Is that a bad thing?
Old 12-18-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Hell, it would be like me being a member of SRT forum and posting vids of Parish's truck running a 10, then telling them they better watch out for the ugly Silverado pickups because they can be fast and I have one just like it but it's still stock.
Actually... I posted it over there. Nothing BUT respect. Imagine?

Also if I hear a Silverado spool... I can remember to keep my $$$ in my pocket. Cuz you just don't know.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BadAndy
Iw ould think the bottom end would be fine for a while, but the valvetrain might start holding it back shortly. What turbo did you use?
Heads/cams are probably my next mod. Along with some meth injection. The stock redline is only 6200 rpms. It doesnt make sense to rev much higher than that anyway on the stock cams.

The turbo is a regular old t3/t04 50 trim. It's a pretty good street turbo. 20psi by 3500rpms.

I can totally understand people not caring too much about this video, that's why I only posted it on SRTforums.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Debian Dog]Well... not really. The PSI car has been pushing over 450 HP for over 30K no problems and yes you have to put a real clutch in it when you add that much HP. Things really do not start breaking till the +600 HP range. As proven twice by this guy Steve (not the one in the vid) He has popped two motors both of them while running 40+ lbs of boost.

Like I told you guys before it is only about $3600 to run 11's in an SRT-4 and still maintain dependability.

BYE! [/QUOT

Im sure of that. Im Talking About a bone Stock NEON. MY Point is only this.

If I Have to choose a car (A Stock Car That is) that a want to run a make a 11 sec. or even a 10 sec. car. A neon would be my last choice. Look at its Problems its had in the past. Thats all. Just My Opion
Old 12-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 04BlackSRT-4
Heads/cams are probably my next mod. Along with some meth injection. The stock redline is only 6200 rpms. It doesnt make sense to rev much higher than that anyway on the stock cams.

The turbo is a regular old t3/t04 50 trim. It's a pretty good street turbo. 20psi by 3500rpms.

I can totally understand people not caring too much about this video, that's why I only posted it on SRTforums.
Debian - Take note on how everyone is cool with 04BlackSRT-4 and not you. It's not the car brotha...it's the attitude.

11.60's in the 120's is very respectable. No doubt about that. That car is just not for me. I don't see the harm in that...and I don't need someone trying to force it on me. You remind me of a Jehova's witness...banging on your door at 6am on a Sunday. That type of persistence is very annoying.

BTW...your recent vids kick ***. Just knock off the stupid *** Neon ****.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I went a best of 11.59 @ 121mph with only a lid, catack, and a 150shot in my LS1 on the stock converter and Kumho Ecsta 712's. It's possible.

Where's 5.8Litre to call on me?
Old 12-18-2004, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
I went a best of 11.59 @ 121mph with only a lid, catack, and a 150shot in my LS1 on the stock converter and Kumho Ecsta 712's. It's possible.

Where's 5.8Litre to call on me?
i went 11.63 at 122.8 on stock converter, rear, motor, manifolds and stock catted y pipe with just catback lid and 150 shot... and 245 tires.. whoever is going to call bs on you can call it on me as well! u damn right its possible.. that was on a 2.29 60ft... and my only 1/4 mile run.. on nittos at the local 1/8th mile i was consistently hitting 1.85's spraying about 30ft out! so i could have run low 11's and since ive added headers and stall think i can run high 10's with et streets... rock on man!
Old 12-18-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Debian - Take note on how everyone is cool with 04BlackSRT-4 and not you. It's not the car brotha...it's the attitude.
He cool NOW because you guys dogged the crap out of him months ago.

Whatever....
Old 12-18-2004, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

He cool NOW because you guys dogged the crap out of him months ago.

Whatever....

hmm wonder what the srt4 board would do to me if i went over tehre posting vids of my car killing neons and saying how much better my car was b/c i got in the 11's for under 2k + 19k car vs there 23k car + 36k... how would they like that?? id get my *** flamed off for that!
Old 12-18-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

11.60's in the 120's is very respectable. No doubt about that. That car is just not for me. I don't see the harm in that...and I don't need someone trying to force it on me. You remind me of a Jehova's witness...banging on your door at 6am on a Sunday. That type of persistence is very annoying.

BTW...your recent vids kick ***. Just knock off the stupid *** Neon ****.
i am hating on debian dumbass rather than the the peon. and it is possible to get an ls1 into the 11s with $800-900, but obviously you went about it the wrong way...starting with that ricer nitrous system you have and i meant ignorant..as in you're a dipshit.

Last edited by 1QWIKZ; 12-18-2004 at 05:35 PM.