Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Why the hell did the "Prank of Mexicans" thread get locked?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the hell did the "Prank of Mexicans" thread get locked?

Jesus Christ no wander minorities are so uptight in this country; you over offensive commys go around censoring anything that might ascertain a stimulating conversation. All of the sudden it’s too politically incorrect to show a video when the humor of which is at the expense of divulging and cracking at the differences of we who inhabit this cultural universal called America. Since when was censorship good for anyone?

Offensiveness is for pussies
Old 07-01-2005, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Script
Jesus Christ no wander minorities are so uptight in this country; you over offensive commys go around censoring anything that might ascertain a stimulating conversation. All of the sudden it’s too politically incorrect to show a video when the humor of which is at the expense of divulging and cracking at the differences of we who inhabit this cultural universal called America. Since when was censorship good for anyone?

Offensiveness is for pussies

i to agree with you.... y the hell would they lock or remove threads like that, they hurt no one. just a good laugh, and it is viewable anywhere else on the net. its like your mom not letting you watch r rated movies when you were younger..... get real!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

there was another thread with that video in it that got deleted before this one I believe. It is kinda racist in a way, but I dont think that its anything that would **** someone off. Anyway I have that video saved on my computer, I cant stop watching it .
Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by yellow04
i to agree with you.... y the hell would they lock or remove threads like that, they hurt no one. just a good laugh, and it is viewable anywhere else on the net. its like your mom not letting you watch r rated movies when you were younger..... get real!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with your mom not wanting to let you watch R rated movies when you were younger?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

i agree w/ you guys, if the thread looks offensive don't view it, were all big boys and gals here its should be more about self control of the members and viewing what they want, cause a lot of us here don't mind and it kind of spoils it for us, this is where we sometimes like to enjoy spare time and it sucks that theres that somewhat tight censorship.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a car enthusiast site...and a privately owned site mind you. Vids that don't pertain do cars certainly don't have to be left up.

If you don't like how moderators do their "job", send a PM to one of the admin. Of course, you have the option to not visit this site as well.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:28 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

The fact that it's privately owned and therefore the only rules that matter are those of the owners is very true.

However, it's all too often a cop out. It's not like it's your car and you don't want people smoking in it because of the smell. It's a vast resource open to the general public. It's too big to turn around and try to treat like ones own little private space where it's your way or the highway.

Obviously, the owners can do anything they really want to do. But one really should apply logic and see that it's not a personal private dwelling. Privately owned or not, it's still a public space and therefore personal cencorship urges really should be ignored.

(I know it's a fine line you need to keep things under reasonable control, but the amount of control is based upon the nature of the community. This one seems to need little to no control exerted on it)

Just sayin'.....

Old 07-02-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

Agreed the fact that its privately owned here is important, but this site cannot be limited to the views of the owners, what would be the point of having any person with internet having the capability to join, the site does act in a very public friendly fashion, obviously there has to be some limit imposed on users and what they can post but is this the right limit, it may be and I am sure much of us members respect that fact, this is a multimedia section and is there actually any real harm posting links to the content in question, I think what is more important is the self control of members from making derogatory comments. This vid for example was not brought for the purpose of racism, it was brought for its comedic effect, but you mods are in control so we have to respect your decisions I just wanted to illistrate a members point of view.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh ... move on people

Yes, I thought the vid was funny ... also some of the comments made by the person in the video were racial slurs... you come on here and say "**gger" or "**ink" etc.... guess what... your post will be locked if you're lucky... most likely a ban will be coming as there is zero tolerance for racism

Hell.. the fact that the thread was only locked! and not moved shows at least some tolerance since the intent of the video was the comedic effect . not the racial slurs....

Maybe what you guys are asking for is more well defined rules??? Like if it doesn't relate to an automobile it doesn't belong? I'm sure that's a possibility ... w/clearly defined rules for posting videos here... that'd stop people from whining right?
Old 07-02-2005, 01:46 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Go to www.thirdgen.org and make a post not related to a thirdgen F-body and see what happens. This is their house , their rules and it's a hell of a lot more relaxed here than a lot of places.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

It's called maturity. And common sense. For people to abuse the forum and make it so people can't freely post off-topic material of the proper nature is well, a lack of the 2 prior mentioned attibutes.
If you have to hesitate to click the "Post New Thread" button then more than likely you shouldn't....Common sense. And if u still click it then it's a maturity issue.

Let's not have to have the mods hold our hands and guide us through a gauntlet of rules when posting a new thread. The act of posting tasteless material isn't hard to avoid.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey, I love it here man!
Old 07-02-2005, 02:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you guys watch the VIDEO carefully? The guy called refered to the WORKERS as Animals. He simple belittle them as if they were scum. Come on. We all understand their is a sense of humor in all of this for some people.
Many just dont understand the Value in what it takes for these individuals to actually make a living. At the same time these individuals are contributing to society and not taking away.
Unlike all those whom generation after generation live off of the governmnet.
Heck there are many people in this country whom strive to live off welfare, yet nobody ridicules or make fun of it but the moment they see a Mexican who wants to work they poke fun at it.
When has any one ever heard a Mexican cry out and scream RACISM? They dont because they cant.
Oh and by the way the guy in the Video did look like he was of Jewish decent. I am sure his ancestors know what it was like to be called an ANIMAL and to be ridiculed and belittled.

This is a car site at that.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Heck there are many people in this country whom strive to live off welfare, yet nobody ridicules or make fun of it

Give me a chance and I WILL ridicule them (people who rely on welfare).... I have no "love" for people that live off us hard working americans .... post a vid making fun of welfare recipiencts and I'd laugh at it

(sorry a break from your main post . but I'd Love to see vids making fun of people that leach off our government (Welfare) ....)
Old 07-02-2005, 02:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Did you guys watch the VIDEO carefully? The guy called refered to the WORKERS as Animals. He simple belittle them as if they were scum. Come on. We all understand their is a sense of humor in all of this for some people.
Many just dont understand the Value in what it takes for these individuals to actually make a living. At the same time these individuals are contributing to society and not taking away.
Unlike all those whom generation after generation live off of the governmnet.
Heck there are many people in this country whom strive to live off welfare, yet nobody ridicules or make fun of it but the moment they see a Mexican who wants to work they poke fun at it.
When has any one ever heard a Mexican cry out and scream RACISM? They dont because they cant.
Oh and by the way the guy in the Video did look like he was of Jewish decent. I am sure his ancestors know what it was like to be called an ANIMAL and to be ridiculed and belittled.

This is a car site at that.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camaro98z28

that was a very useful contribution the this topic....

and I agree with you....
it would be better if this section only allowed car related videos so that (as you put it) stuff like this wouldn't appear
Old 07-02-2005, 02:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by horist
that was a very useful contribution the this topic....

and I agree with you....
it would be better if this section only allowed car related videos so that (as you put it) stuff like this wouldn't appear
I posted what I had to say in the next thread
Old 07-02-2005, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ yes I saw.... and I don't see what any of your statements have to do w/the "MULTIMEDIA SECTION" .... but alas... I don't have mod rights on this section ....
Old 07-02-2005, 02:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by camaro98z28

Old 07-02-2005, 03:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by horist
^^^ yes I saw.... and I don't see what any of your statements have to do w/the "MULTIMEDIA SECTION" .... but alas... I don't have mod rights on this section ....
Discussion man.. you heard of it.... Please read the topic