Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Dyno vid from Exotic Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno vid from Exotic Performance

Just got back this last weekend from EPP. Was a good time all around, guys are great. Here is a vid of one of the pulls. I believe we took a couple more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSAngkg7JMI
Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Sounds good----[you need a new camera..that was pretty bad....]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

It's off the girl's digital camera. So I cant complain, lol

I'll be adding video's to my profile on there too as time goes.

Got one more on there right now. Should hopefully have some from the track next weekend.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. It's always cool to see a vid from one of the places I buy parts from that I'll probably never get out to since it's so far away, haha.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice. It's always cool to see a vid from one of the places I buy parts from that I'll probably never get out to since it's so far away, haha.
Dont let that stop you. It was a 15 hour drive for me, and it was worth every minute.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Hey post a vid of the car at idle I want to hear the cam chop. What are the specs on the cam? what kinda power did you end up making?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9prJIaaDd8

Here is the other vid, quality is crap on it too.. I'll see if I can get something better.

It's a solid roller cam, specs are approx 254* duration with .660" of lift

Redline is currently at 7500rpm, and shifting at 7100

With the current setup I made peak around 6000 and it carried it all the way to 7000rpm no problem. On a mustang dyno and behind the current 9" and my auto trans with 4000 stall converter this new motor put down 485rwhp. We shut off the Eddy current on the rollers to simulate a Dynojet, and I put down 522rwhp. I also still only have 1-3/4" headers with a shitty y-pipe and factory rear exhaust and factory muffler, using an exhaust cutout.

I'll have it at the track next weekend. We'll see what I can run with some new drag tires.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Nice!!

Jaime...

That thing sounds sick at WOT.....reminds me of a certain 383 if I recall....LOL

Actually it does have a similar rip at WOT but I also notice its deeper in pitch likely due to the additional displacement.

I can just tell that car is going to run strong at the track....that engine is loving 6000+ RPM's

Looking forward to the track results....it was a long road but worth every minute invested.

Congrats....no go out and have some fun with it!

Regards,
Tony

PS....Im also looking forward to the actual dyno gragh posted. Want to better visualize the curve!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Sounds daomn good cant wait to see some track times and maybe some vids.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Jaime...

That thing sounds sick at WOT.....reminds me of a certain 383 if I recall....LOL

Actually it does have a similar rip at WOT but I also notice its deeper in pitch likely due to the additional displacement.

I can just tell that car is going to run strong at the track....that engine is loving 6000+ RPM's

Looking forward to the track results....it was a long road but worth every minute invested.

Congrats....no go out and have some fun with it!

Regards,
Tony

PS....Im also looking forward to the actual dyno gragh posted. Want to better visualize the curve!
Thanks Tony! hahha, ya awefully familiar

Ya man, the engine is right at home in the upper RPM range, the curve is just so strong and I get the feeling even from the street, that it will be a performer at the track. I can hardly play with it with these 275 nittos cause I cant keep it on the ground at partial throttle.

Yes it was a long road indeed and I thank you for travelling it along with me. I truly appreciate it and it seriously wouldnt be what it is right now if it wasnt for you.

I will try and scan in some of the sheets I have tonight and put them up in the dyno section perhaps.

Jaime

..Just in case anyone else would like to compare 'notes' (sound notes, lol)..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...te-A_58201.htm

Also, keeping in line with the title of that video, I get the funny feeling that if/when I have 1-7/8" headers on I will most likely be in the 540rwhp range myself through a big stalled automatic and 9" no less. So we basically duplicated the dyno results in a less friendly drivetrain by increasing some displacement and duration. Which basically backs up the results of your original build.

Plus like we talked about before, I do however have a more track optimized setup so I should theoretically be able to better your track results. Time will tell what we created!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLPEhoDvgiU
Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Sounds Wicked man very nice.

Oh great numbers with stalled 9inch car.

But get a set of 1 7/8 headers ASAP your killing the car.

Is this the same cam Tony had in his Vette???

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jaime,

The car sounds awesome and makes great power for an auto through a 9"! I can't wait to see some track times, it should perform really well with numbers like that. Good luck with the rest of it!

John
Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Sounds Wicked man very nice.

Oh great numbers with stalled 9inch car.

But get a set of 1 7/8 headers ASAP your killing the car.

Is this the same cam Tony had in his Vette???

Thanks.
Yes I was very happy with them. I know! The budget was pretty depleted after everything else and I figured the headers are external so I can wait til next year now for those. This is the same cam except reground with a bit bigger lift & duration to compensate for the extra cubes.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
Jaime,

The car sounds awesome and makes great power for an auto through a 9"! I can't wait to see some track times, it should perform really well with numbers like that. Good luck with the rest of it!

John
Thanks so much for the compliments John, and I really thank you aswell for helping me this spring over the phone and getting everything right with the shortblock. This truely was a group effort and it has all come together.

Thanks again
Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Oh, since this is in the multimedia section I'll just add that I went out this evening and annoyed the kid behind the camera counter at Wal-Mart for a half hour before deciding to pick an actual camcorder. So now If I get a chance, but CERTAINLY at the track, I'll have some high quality vids that I can share with all those that have helped me and just anyone else who may be interested.