Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

HOTROD NETWORK, Rebuilt motor that CPR found to be damaged, missing parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOTROD NETWORK, Rebuilt motor that CPR found to be damaged, missing parts

So I arranged to buy an LS2 Shortblock from Hotrod Network.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-wan...lock-asap.html

Rebecca Hilliard
reseller2012@aol.com

He has been decent about communication but it did take awhile to get what I purchased. I bought an LS2 Shortblock that was just rebuilt with 0 miles. I was also supposed to get the LS1 Knock Sensors and front timing cover with sensor. The block showed up after about 2 and a half weeks but the parts were missing.

When the block was sent to Joe at CPR the following was found out: (This is a copy of the email from Joe @ CPR)
3 cam bearings were installed wrong, the 1 i could get a picture of and two in the middle.
the crank main bearings were installed dry and the motor had be spun a bunch it appears as they have marks on them.
3 cylinders have 1 thou. clearance when it should be 2.

Here is what the machine shop wants to fix the issues and make this motor usable. Please feel free to call them to verify everything as in no way shape or form am I trying to pull a fast one over you.

Cam Bearings $21.48
Main Bearings $99.85
Tear down and reassemble short block, includes measure for clearances, install cam bearings $510.00
Total $741.33

Originally Hotrod promised to send me new parts to replace the ones missing but they have never shown up. However I have been trying to reach him since yesterday regarding the condition of the motor and he will not respond to PM's, emails or phone calls/texts.

I am going to look into filing a charge back with my credit card and see what happens. At this point I have a shortblock that needs to be redone and missing parts.

I have gotten replies from HOtrod but its always something, at first I was just happy he at least communicated but now it was just him delaying. He had no intentions of handling this I even offered that since I still had not gotten the Timing Cover, Cam Sensor, Cam Sensor Harness, LS1 Knock Sensors and LS1 Knock Sensor Harness Extensions I was to get with the motor that he return those items and just put the money towards the 741.33. He claimed that to be about 250 so that means that all he had to come up with was 491.33 and we would be done. I took 250 off and I should not have had to but being nice I offered to, his repayment is yet again to waste my time.
The total I am out is the 741.33 to fix the motor and 250 in parts I never got so 991.33.

PICTURES:

-----PICTURE UPDATE-----
Here is a picture provided by Joe @ CPR of the Bearing Name/Markings as Requested. I want to thank Joe for once again taking the time to stop working and grab pictures for me, excellent customer service!
Attached Thumbnails HOTROD NETWORK, Rebuilt motor that CPR found to be damaged, missing parts-capture.jpg   HOTROD NETWORK, Rebuilt motor that CPR found to be damaged, missing parts-20130821_165416_zpsf822fa5d.jpg   HOTROD NETWORK, Rebuilt motor that CPR found to be damaged, missing parts-img_20130830_154836.jpg  

Last edited by Cross; 09-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

As of right now Hotrod again asked for more pictures and I have not been able to get any from CPR. I can't say I blame them they are busy and this constant picture request over and over has gotten rather... old.

Since I never got the 250 or so worth of missing parts (timing cover, cam sensor, knock sensors, harnesses) I told him I was not concerned with it to keep those parts he still has not gotten to me and just refund me the 741.xx that CPR charged me for the motor issue.

Since I stated I wanted this handled in the next few days communication has been slow and well feels like its going no where.

I am really hoping he pulls through here but we have been at this awhile and I have been really understanding up to this point but we need to conclude this now.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM
12 Second Club

Hotrod is not going to fix it this has just been a run around the whole time. I have posted all the information I can and started filing disputes over the transaction. I will post this to other forums as well hopefully this will be the last time he causes an issue like this.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Teching In

I asked him on august 26th for the said wrong bore size and name on the back of the bearing.I received pictures but not of that.I asked again yesterday and he said its getting old and if I would of asked sooner he would of gotten them.I sent him a snap-chat of where I asked on the 26th and he got all bent out of shape.He traded the motor for work,the shop told him they were going to tear it down before he even dropped it off to check it out so automatically cost were going to added.My thinking is it shouldn't be such a big ordeal(Almost 2 weeks) for a bore finish and name on the back of a bearing.So my concern is I want to make sure I'm not trying to get squeezed for some bill for something else so ALL i wanted to see was the backside of the bearing and just wanted to know the bore finish to confirm its mine but who knows..He says the bearings were installed dry,cam bearings installed wrong and the bore issue.Its just such a gray area.As far as parts,Which is a front cover and knock sensor harness.They were on the skid when it left the terminal and when it showed up the box was gone,I take pictures of every single shipment and it clearly shows it,I cannot control shipping company.I bet he didn't mention I originally sold the motor with stock rod bolts but swapped them out at the end for some new katchet rods bolts or the fact the shipper added 180$ to the shipment and I promptly refunded him the added cost.I am not trying to screw anyone,I understand his point but put yourself in my shoes,I didn't ask for much.The day he said he didn't receive the front cover and knock sensor,I was ready to order one.But he said his wife works at a local gm dealer and he'll get a price on it.He contacts me a few weeks later asking about progress on them.I ordered them that day from my local dealer.At this point I don't know what to think because he already ''paid'' the machine shop for the work,My first reaction would be to put the motor to the side until we work out an arrangement,he says he will open a dispute in which his CC will return the money to him.Which means I'm completely screwed out of a motor and 1850$ which leaves me limited with options.

Last edited by HOTROD NETWORK; 09-04-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HOTROD NETWORK
I asked him on august 26th for the said wrong bore size and name on the back of the bearing.I received pictures but not of that.I asked again yesterday and he said its getting old and if I would of asked sooner he would of gotten them.I sent him a snap-chat of where I asked on the 26th and he got all bent out of shape.He traded the motor for work,the shop told him they were going to tear it down before he even dropped it off to check it out so automatically cost were going to added.My thinking is it shouldn't be such a big ordeal(Almost 2 weeks) for a bore finish and name on the back of a bearing.So my concern is I want to make sure I'm not trying to get squeezed for some bill for something else so ALL i wanted to see was the backside of the bearing and just wanted to know the bore finish to confirm its mine but who knows..He says the bearings were installed dry,cam bearings installed wrong and the bore issue.Its just such a gray area.As far as parts,Which is a front cover and knock sensor harness.They were on the skid when it left the terminal and when it showed up the box was gone,I take pictures of every single shipment and it clearly shows it,I cannot control shipping company.I bet he didn't mention I originally sold the motor with stock rod bolts but swapped them out at the end for some new katchet rods bolts or the fact the shipper added 180$ to the shipment and I promptly refunded him the added cost.I am not trying to screw anyone,I understand his point but put yourself in my shoes,I didn't ask for much.The day he said he didn't receive the front cover and knock sensor,I was ready to order one.But he said his wife works at a local gm dealer and he'll get a price on it.He contacts me a few weeks later asking about progress on them.I ordered them that day from my local dealer.At this point I don't know what to think because he already ''paid'' the machine shop for the work,My first reaction would be to put the motor to the side until we work out an arrangement,he says he will open a dispute in which his CC will return the money to him.Which means I'm completely screwed out of a motor and 1850$ which leaves me limited with options.

A new knock sensor harness is 40$,front cover new with sensor is 80$ so I don't know how you came up with 250$ unless I missed something.
Whats amazing is he stopped answering me but he can post here. He is getting screwed when I am the one with the motor that needed to be rebuilt and missing parts that I paid for back on June 17th!

Yes he shipped the motor late (Again this has been a 3 month ordeal and I didn't even receive everything I ordered, if you look at the first picture you see exactly what I paid for) and they charged me 180 to pick it up. He did cover it.
He claims there is a picture of the pallet I never got that, I invite him to post it here. However regardless of that I called him at the loading dock saying where are these parts and then had the company look for them. That was what 2 months ago!

I have been sitting here just eating this unuseable motor while I drive 91 miles one way to Joe's shop to look it over. CPR is well known on these boards, he is not screwing anyone he looked over the motor because we wanted to ensure it was as promised and obviously it was not.

From day one Hotrod has had the number to the shop, nothing was hidden from him. It was just a continual excuse for more and more. Look at the pictures for yourself its completely clear here. This motor is not what was promised and all I asked for in the end was the cost to fix it not the cost to fix it and replace the parts I never got.

How much more should I be willing to do here, I accepted almost 3 months, missing parts and all this that I have gone through only to get to this point and still have nothing. I am tired of it and as a Buyer who paid promptly I should not have to!

If he wants more detailed information he should be talking to the machine shop and has had the ability to do so since he was first told of this.

As for him swapping out parts as bonus's maybe that's because he took so long to even ship the motor over 2 weeks to ship a motor that he said was ready. It took almost a month just to get what I paid for in and then it was not even what it was supposed to be.

Yes I have filed a dispute with Paypal and yes I am filing with my Credit Card now and once again I am have been nice and only asked for the 741.33 despite the thought that I should charge you for everything.

Just pay me back so we can be done with this, I have jumped through enough hoops for you and its been long enough. Stop wasting my time.

And in regard to your edit, YOU told me the cost of the parts for a whole new set from GM not me. Those were your prices not mine. Take a look at this picture one more time, right at the bottom it says everything I was supposed to get.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

I got a few more texts last night asking why I would not go on another 182 miles round trip for his information. His response to me asking why he did not want to talk to the shop was because he sold it to me.

I was told I would be getting a refund last night for the 741.33 but it has not shown up yet. I have started filing the paperwork with Visa but again if he settles this then everything is fine as that's all I have been asking for from the start.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Here is a picture provided by Joe @ CPR of the Bearing Name/Markings as Requested. I want to thank Joe for once again taking the time to stop working and grab pictures for me, excellent customer service!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

I bought a rear end from "Hotrod Network" last year. Let me say, it was THE most difficult transaction of my life. After my $2k was sent, it was like an act of congress to get all the parts here. I won't ever deal with him again, no matter how good the "deal" is. Vinny, Gino, or whoever the hell he/they are, are terrible. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 AM
12 Second Club

Supposedly I am supposed to get the 741.33 tonight/tomorrow. I am hoping that happens, I will pot here if it does.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 AM
12 Second Club

I got a payment of 200 today with the promise of more tomorrow. I guess we shall see at first it was going to be 500. Hopefully I get the rest of the 741.33 tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

So I have gotten another payment of 200, seems like we will be doing 200 a day until its paid. I guess its better than nothing.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Still not fully paid off and now he says he does not have a phone.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Alright today I got my final payment everything is cleared and while it took a while he made good on the issue and handled it.

I understand things happen, I do think this one was rather long but the fact that he did get it handled with a little prodding to me means he had the right intentions.

Hopefully everything works out and the issues he was facing have been handled.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He "HANDLED" it because you outed his *** on here!!

When he realized you had this kind of a venting post, his immediate response was OH ****!! Let me get this straightened out.

Congrats on the patience factor. I am NOT that patient. I would have been in the car making a trip for either my money or my parts and the cost of the trip. I might not have gotten the cost of the trip, but bet your *** he and anyone else standing there would have known I was NOT happy at all!!!

Quick Reply: HOTROD NETWORK, Rebuilt motor that CPR found to be damaged, missing parts