New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skip shift. Blocking me out of third too?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skip shift. Blocking me out of third too?

So as you guys told me before, GM created skip shift to increase gas mileage and avoid a gas guzzling tax by blocking off second and redirecting the stick to fourth. From what a lot of you told me, going from first to fourth at low rpm's is not good for the drivetrain or whatever you guys said. Well a lot of you told me you often go from first, to third, to fourth. That seems to be the best way to skip around to get the best mileage without hurting anything, especially driving at low rpm's. Well I was driving around in the city today shifting always at 2000 rpm and every time i tried going from first to third, it would block me out of third. If I wanted to go from first to rhird, I would have to go into fourth a little first, and then third would free up. Is it supposed to do this? I ordered the SLP skip shift eliminator which will be arriving at my house on wednesday. Would the SLP skip shift eliminator let me to shift from first to third without having to put the stick in fourth first?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip Shift will only allow you to travel from first to fourth. By going into fourh your freeing third.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

once the eliminator is installed you will be able to shift into whatever gear you want when you want
Old 01-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Skip shift. Blocking me out of third too?