New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on this set up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on this set up!

ok so i have an 02 z28. I have a TSP rumbler exhaust on there now which from what im told is basically the same as the LoudMouth1 just without the rasp. I am looking to get a set of coated Pacesetter headers? and a 3 inch Off Road Y pipe.i am looking for a very LOUD and MEAN sound. i dont care if i cant hear myself or other people in the car. I just want to hear the roar of the car. anybody have any opinions or suggestions?

and can anybody maybe recomend a better set of headers and Y pipe in the same price range? THANKS!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you really need 2 threads on the same subject....in the same day? EDIT: 3 within 24 hours....

If all you care about is loud, not tone or anything remotely legal, I'm sure you'll be happy. There aren't really many better headers in that price range, but I would go with a TSP ORY with the Pacesetter, I've heard good things about the fitment, and the price isn't too bad.

Try the search feature, it's at the top of the screen. You're not the first person to post a question like this, there's probably some information out there you can use.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

keep the catback you have and run a ory w/ the headers..it'll be plenty loud.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 PM

Thanks yea i think thats what im going to do. I looked up videos on youtube and it sounds nice actually. the Loudmouth sounds very crackily and raspy. It sounds ok, but i think the set up im going with is going to sound better. To bad the install is the same price as the headers and y pipe themselves...

Sorry for the 3 or 4 posts. Its only my first couple of days and im still learning this site, wasnt sure if my threads were showing up. I think i got it all figured out now.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

that's def going to be loud. i have the same set up with the non adjustable borla (which is said to be as quite as stock) and it still turned out too loud for me. the rumblers should be fine.

otherwise you want noise? throw in a cutout that drops everything below the muffler. or how about nothing past the y?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 PM

It doesnt even have a muffler, only a resonator before the axel. I dont know if its a streight through like the SLP is but im sure its pretty close.