Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve spring compressor tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Valve spring compressor tool

My car is an all stock 03 Z06. I recently broke a valve spring. I bought PAC 1218s to replace the factory springs and the Crane Cams valve spring compressor tool. I ordered the tool that fits 97 and up LS1/LS6 engines. According to the instructions, it fits all Gen III, Gen IV, LT1, and Chevy small blocks except for the LS7. The problem is that it doesn't line up with the mounting holes for the rocker arms. Did I get sent the wrong tool or am I doing something incorrectly?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Socket and hammer!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks to be the wrong tool. I found on Crane's website that the took for gen 2 and 3engines are different by 1 number, you mustve ordered or got sent the wrong one.

http://www.cranecams.com/index.php?s...lvl=3&prt=2058
Old 07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Teching In

I got it figured out. I ordered the right tool, but Jegs sent me the LS3 tool. The part number on the box and instructions matched the LS1/LS6 tool, but it was the LS3 tool. So I sent it back and they sent me another. Same thing happened, right box, right instructions, wrong tool. I called Jegs and they offered to drop ship one from the manufacturer because they are out of stock, but they had no idea when that would be. I didn't even get an apology. I guess Jegs is so big that they don't care about individual customers. So I canceled the order and ordered the tool from Summit.

Thanks for the help
Old 07-09-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn thats shitty, Jegs has been good to us with returning things when we were having ignition issues with the race car.

Hopefully Summit has the right one in the box !