Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a 2000 Trans am ws6

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 2000 Trans am ws6

It has 138k miles on it, 6 speed and the previews owner has no idea when was the last time he did a preventative maintenance on it except for the oil change

So what do you think should I add on this list?

-Oil change with synthetic
-Coolant flush
-Tranny flush
-Spark plugs and wires
-Fuel filter
-PCV

Am I missing anything I should add on the list?

The car:

And got it for $8600
Plus got the hood re-painted, front and rear bumper, new tries (:

Last edited by Befwazie; 07-11-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

congrats on the purchase!
I would add brake inspection to your list

How much did you purchase the ws6 for? Any pix?
Old 07-11-2010, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

Diff fluid and check the suspension components and maybe ps fluid if it nasty
Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Air filter and inspect maf, clean it if needed. Maybe inspect around the lid to make sure it's sealing well to the air box.

Last edited by TheBlueKnight; 07-11-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
congrats on the purchase!
I would add brake inspection to your list

How much did you purchase the ws6 for? Any pix?
Added some pics and price is listed below.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, I should deff look at the rear diff cause I hear a cluttering sound at the back, or it could just be the T/C doing its job?

Oh and I forgot, to add seafoam at the list!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

check for leaks as youre changing fluids.

thats a clean car for its mileage.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they pay for the hood and bumpers to be repainted? I hope you didn't have to pay for that or else I think you paid too much for the car. Regardless, it's nice looking. Congrats.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1
Did they pay for the hood and bumpers to be repainted? I hope you didn't have to pay for that or else I think you paid too much for the car. Regardless, it's nice looking. Congrats.
KBB had the car booked at $9400
I saw the ad for this car at craiglist tagged at 8900 before it was repainted/added new tires. I called the dealer and told them I was going to come by and check out at the car sometimes that week. So I went to the dealership, and looked at the car and check it out, but then it was tagged at $10500, I ask why the price rose and he said he had the car repainted and put in new tires, BUT he was willing to sell me the car $8900 cause I called in to check it out with that fixed price. So after we talked for a while jokes and what not I asked him to lower the price down a little bit cause the clock had put down a good 138k miles on it. It was really hard for him to but he got it down 300 dollars less to $8600 which I was pretty happy about. So im pretty sure I didn't have to pay for the paint and everything. Oh and I walked out without having to pay for tax or any fees, just a fixed price (:
Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Dealers have started a new game with their "internet prices" which are lower than the prices they put on the vehicles in the lot. I doubt it actually had anything to do with getting it painted. They likely always planned to do that so it would show better and get sold faster. Price probably was a little high for a vehicle with that mileage.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dhowdy
Dealers have started a new game with their "internet prices" which are lower than the prices they put on the vehicles in the lot. I doubt it actually had anything to do with getting it painted. They likely always planned to do that so it would show better and get sold faster. Price probably was a little high for a vehicle with that mileage.
What price do you think the car could be tagged at?
I mean like the owner and dealer said the car has been babied without it being driven to its knees. But it could be a possibility that they could be talking out of their ***.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Clean car man. A 2000 with 138k on it shouldn't of been that much though in my opinion. I realize you bought it from a dealership and they always are high on prices. You might want to check the rpo codes to see if that is a real WS6. You would think that if a dealership repainted the bumpers they would put all the emblems back on. There is no Ram Air emblems on the hood either. Might be an after market hood since you said they only repainted the front and rear bumer. Clean car though.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by doylie24
Clean car man. A 2000 with 138k on it shouldn't of been that much though in my opinion. I realize you bought it from a dealership and they always are high on prices. You might want to check the rpo codes to see if that is a real WS6. You would think that if a dealership repainted the bumpers they would put all the emblems back on. There is no Ram Air emblems on the hood either. Might be an after market hood since you said they only repainted the front and rear bumer. Clean car though.
That was the first thing I asked them is to see the RPO codes and yes it has ws6 on it,and I stated that they repainted the hood also? they ordered vinyl for the ram air and haven't got time to put it in so they just gave me it to install on my free time, and the ws6 emblem was removed also prior for the bumper to be painted, they gave me it but idk how to stick it back on? With what adhesive?
Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Befwazie
What price do you think the car could be tagged at?
I mean like the owner and dealer said the car has been babied without it being driven to its knees. But it could be a possibility that they could be talking out of their ***.
Not really sure, as I don't like high mileage vehicles for myself. If you're pleased with the deal though, please do not let me rain on your parade. It only matters if you're happy with it. The fact that taxes and fees were included in the purchase price helps, but you probably could have done a little better. More experience with dealerships wouldn't have hurt either. It sounds like you bought into their BS a little too much (private party is really the way to go in my opinion). But I will concede that the car looks extraordinarily clean for 138k miles. Enjoy it.

Originally Posted by doylie24
Hood looks original. I believe most of the aftermarket WS6 hoods do not have the lip around the nostrils. Could be wrong on this though.

and the ws6 emblem was removed also prior for the bumper to be painted, they gave me it but idk how to stick it back on? With what adhesive?
Some 3M double sided tape should work.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

save some change hella deal here!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...ngk-plugs.html

I went with TR55 plugs!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dhowdy
Not really sure, as I don't like high mileage vehicles for myself. If you're pleased with the deal though, please do not let me rain on your parade. It only matters if you're happy with it. The fact that taxes and fees were included in the purchase price helps, but you probably could have done a little better. More experience with dealerships wouldn't have hurt either. It sounds like you bought into their BS a little too much (private party is really the way to go in my opinion). But I will concede that the car looks extraordinarily clean for 138k miles. Enjoy it.

I don't think it's a dealership, (a car lot with cars being sold I refer it as a dealership) It's a car lot with an owner to it. it's pretty small with like 50 cars being sold so im assuming it's private?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Launching!

I don't think it's a dealership, (a car lot with cars being sold I refer it as a dealership) It's a car lot with an owner to it. it's pretty small with like 50 cars being sold so im assuming it's private?
I don't really understand what you're saying. Even the small used car dealers who aren't affiliated with a new car brand are still dealerships.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like a dealership to me.

Good looking car by the way
Old 07-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Teching In

I just picked up a 98 trans am A4 with 140k for 4800 out the door. Its 2 years older then yours and has a few K more miles then you. But yours also is a WS6 and with the paint I think you got a very good deal.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Honestly with the miles on it I wouldnt do a trans flush ive heard of and seen problems caused by them in higher mile cars.

I wont even bother with it in my car honestly. 113k miles

Quick Reply: Just got a 2000 Trans am ws6