Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls3 leaking oil pan question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls3 leaking oil pan question

Hello all, I'm new to the ls community since I recently just purchased an ls3 for my 69 Camaro. I purchased a junkyard ls3 with 20,000 miles and leveled it out on some jack stands before putting it in the car. However the oil pan gasket seems to be leaking some oil as it sits on the jack stands . Would you guys recommend swapping the gasket out before I go through the trouble of installing it? I am located in Georgia. Normlly I wouldn't think twice bout it however rubber gaskets may be differant from what I'm used to
Old 01-19-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are aluminum gaskets with a rubber strip on them. I feel its kind of weird its leaking though. $50 and get a new one. Also welcome to the site, and the gasket has a rivet on eachside holding the gasket in place, just drill the head off the rivets
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. I'll put one on order. I'm gonna assume the ls3 oil pan gasket is the same as ls1?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Those aluminum blocks have a porosity issue, their is a tcb out for the dealers....they've been sealing the metal where gasket wud go will rtv, then applying gasket... If i can find the tcb again i'll post it for u

Quick Reply: Ls3 leaking oil pan question