Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 swap question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 swap question

im working on a lsx swap {lq4} into a gbody. getting ready for plumbing fuel, and wire harness work.... got a couple questions that maybe you guys can help with.
first off, the lq4 was a bare long block with the intake, water pump, and oil pan... none of which im using...
i have a fast 90/90, moroso 7qt pan, L99water pump, kwik ac,alt,pwr steering brackets, brp motor mounts, gForce xmember, moser 9", all hotchkis suspension, qa1s all around, baer's at all 4, using a 4l60e (slated to be shipped to tci), all stainless brake lines, smoothed firewall, vintage air, custom "junkyard" interior... so just your average custom build... and no i dont have a fortune in this thing because i am a craigslist sniper!
so on to my plumbing question: since i am using the lq4 (stock build internals) & a FAST 90 intake, i know i can use just about anything i want, but i want to use a ls2 fuel rail and coil covers. i have the truck coils, and dont know which injectors to use... there ther is the 1st (which injectors for the lq4/fast90 combo should i use for N/A performance)
next i havent ran ANY wires yet, plan on using the painless set up, but dont know if i can mix and match lq4 engine with ls2 style injectors... does anybody know if i can use this wire harness with the mixed parts, oh and will this harness work with a FAST EZefi controller? i like the plug and play aspect.
so thats questions 2&3 painless mix & ez-efi mix.
lastly, can you put to big of an injector in the intake? for example, i know the trucks came with 22# or 23# injectors, i want to run ls2 styles which i believe are 33# injectors, but if i find a smoken deal on 42# injectors from somebody on craigslist, would that be too much?
thanks for all your help guys, this web site has been an invaluable resource!

Quick Reply: lq4 swap question