New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Trans AM Owner/Anyone Tuned with Trinity Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Trans AM Owner/Anyone Tuned with Trinity Tuner?

Hi,

I have been recommended the Trinity Tuner several times. Well, after doing research on it, i have found that most people are getting a great performance after tuning with this device. But, people are not really giving good detailed information.

What i want to know is this. If anyone has done the tune with the Trinity with another WS6 and can see a performance in the tune? Know what changes where made with the tune such as, What horsepower and torque was increased or any other information.

I own a 2000 WS6 LS1 Trans AM. Only mod i have is Exhaust.

Thanks,

Fr0sT
Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

dont waste your money. spend the money on another mod, then get a real tune. this handheld crap is ****, and always has been.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

so prob bad idea too use any hand held tuners? only had my ws6 a yr and wanna do a few things to it...its all orignal still...
Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Funny you put "thanks, Frost" Frost is a sponser on here who does mail order pcm tuning. If anything...send your pcm to him. I did...
Old 03-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Well, i have other plans for the tuner as well. I plan to tune my fiance's car for better gas and some other friends cars. It is also a good monitor tool to pin point some overheating in areas and things like that.

The Trans AM is my everyday drive car. So, i would like to have the tuner to tune per say when i race it and then tune it for better gas if i travel a far distance. Would it just be best to take it and get a tune and just be done with it?

Yea, i know frost is a company. This has just been a nickname i have had for a long time. But, i always spell mine different and sign it as Fr0sT.

Also want to say i took it to the drag for the first time. It was also my first drag i have ever done. The best time i ran was a 1/8 at 9.1. I have been told for stock this is a good run. Does it seem like a good run to any of you guys?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWI you can only tune 1 car with most if not all handheld tuners. Even when a tuner supports multiple vehicles it can only be used on 1 of them. To use it on another car you have to reload your stock tune onto the car it was first used on.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:58 AM
Teching In

So, even though it tells you that you can do multiple vehicles. It will still only tune one vehicle?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes sir the only way I think you can do that is if u get hp tuners if I'm wrong please correct me someone
Old 03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Hmmmmm, according to the research i have done on the trinity. You can tune multiple vehicles. I believe i will just give Diablo a call and ask to make sure. That way we will not just sit here and guess in a constant loop.

But, it is looking like i will just take it to get tuned and be done with it. Also, would you get better gains in hp and torque by just doing a non handheld tune?

Thank you guys for taking the time to post. It is helping me get a base for learning and putting me toward a direction to start with.

Quick Reply: New Trans AM Owner/Anyone Tuned with Trinity Tuner?