New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 6.0 GTO Problems/codes... please help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation 2006 6.0 GTO Problems/codes... please help.

See if someone can help... friend has a 2006 GTO, throwing codes p013 and p0336.
The first one is IAT sensor which is mounted in the MAF, the second code is the crankshaft sensor.
he replace both the maf and crank sensor, and the car is doing the same exact thing and throwing codes. once you get at 4000 rpm the car cuts off as if it needs fuel and starts sputtering really bad. Could it be the fuel pump or bad fuel filter? Let me know what to check if anyone is familiar with this gto gremlin.

Thx.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

Ttt... ideas?
Old 11-05-2013, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there LAST...

Did your friend replace the Crank Sensor with an Autozone piece? I had a similar problem with my 99 Sonoma. I replaced the Crank Sensor 3 Times, MAF twice, as well as a host of other things trying to eliminate a P0300 (Random Cylinder Misfire) and a couple other codes. Finally, out of frustration, I blew $80 on a factory GM Crank Sensor and BAM! Problem solved.

I don't know if the magnet in the Autozone Sensor wasn't strong enough to get a proper reading of the Reluctor Wheel or what the problem really was, but I know as soon as I installed the factory piece my truck was much happier and so was I.

If he has the Autozone Sensor, I would definitely recommend trying one from GM. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Hey there LAST...

Did your friend replace the Crank Sensor with an Autozone piece? I had a similar problem with my 99 Sonoma. I replaced the Crank Sensor 3 Times, MAF twice, as well as a host of other things trying to eliminate a P0300 (Random Cylinder Misfire) and a couple other codes. Finally, out of frustration, I blew $80 on a factory GM Crank Sensor and BAM! Problem solved.

I don't know if the magnet in the Autozone Sensor wasn't strong enough to get a proper reading of the Reluctor Wheel or what the problem really was, but I know as soon as I installed the factory piece my truck was much happier and so was I.

If he has the Autozone Sensor, I would definitely recommend trying one from GM. Good luck.

Thanks for the info!... and I dunno if its an autozone or dealer sensor, will verify with him and get it swaped if need be. Did the sensor make your truck sputter as if it was not getting enough fuel with this?
Old 11-07-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Thanks for the info!... and I dunno if its an autozone or dealer sensor, will verify with him and get it swaped if need be. Did the sensor make your truck sputter as if it was not getting enough fuel with this?
As I said, it produced a Misfire condition which caused the engine to cutout, hesitate and buck at times. I suppose that could be considered similar to running out of fuel.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

True... car has been parked, may mess with it this weekend

Quick Reply: 2006 6.0 GTO Problems/codes... please help.