Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Suspension Diagnosis

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Suspension Diagnosis

I have a creak in my drivers side wheel area when going over speed bumps. I have also noticed the car likes to move all over the road more than usual. When driving straight, It wants to pull to the left. I was thinking it just needed an alignment, but then I noticed that the outside edge of the drivers tire is wearing down ALOT more than the rest of the tire. It is also alot hotter on the edge after driving than the middle of the tire. What do you guys think this could be? I'm thinking upper ball joint. The car is a 99 TA with 47k miles.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

I just found on my 99WS6 a missing sway bar end link insulator.My car was also doing similiar things as the road changed the car was unpredicatable.But now with new endlinks it is nice and tight again.I only have 24,000 miles on my car, and I truly believe that my missing insulator was missing from the factory.
Originally Posted by XtreemeChaos
I have a creak in my drivers side wheel area when going over speed bumps. I have also noticed the car likes to move all over the road more than usual. When driving straight, It wants to pull to the left. I was thinking it just needed an alignment, but then I noticed that the outside edge of the drivers tire is wearing down ALOT more than the rest of the tire. It is also alot hotter on the edge after driving than the middle of the tire. What do you guys think this could be? I'm thinking upper ball joint. The car is a 99 TA with 47k miles.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I go around a corner and hit a bump my car jumps all over the place, I'll have to look to see if mine is the same way.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have a sway bar on my car could this be affecting my alignment and making my tires wear unevenly?
Old 05-08-2004, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Outside edge tire wear is indicative or excessive positive camber. I would recommend an alignment check for missing and damaged-worn components and a alingment. If done properly this will correct your tire wear and pull problem. Make sure to ask for a full four wheel alignment. If you don't the shop may just set the toe which won't help.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZR2877
I don't have a sway bar on my car could this be affecting my alignment and making my tires wear unevenly?
A missing sway bar shouldn't affect alignment going straight. But it does have a serious effect on turns.