Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying To Figure Out Where a Part Goes

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trying To Figure Out Where a Part Goes

I am not new to the LS1 but rather new to taking them apart and putting them back together

After removing parts from the engine (intake manifold, coil packs, and the left valve cover), I found out I will be changing locations so the build had to be put on hold.

I ran into an issue while mounting the stock LS1 intake manifold. The connector in the pic is what I am having issues with along with a lonesome L bracket that is screwed down to the left rear two intake manifold bolts.

Where do the 90 degree rubber connectors plug into?

What purpose does the L-bracket serve?

The local Chevy dealership gave me a printout of the parts breakdown for the intake manifold etc and nowhere on the sheet does it show the item in the pic.

Thanks,

Shawn

Old 08-09-2014, 02:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the 90 degree might be a connection to an early LS fuel rail pressure regulator; maybe for your intake, maybe not. Last place I remember seeing something like that. Could be something different. That black/white center saucer-shaped item with nothing else connected to it in the middle is probably a restrictor of some sort.

If I go to the GM dealer or parts store I always ask for something before/after that line of demarcation.. Show me the 2001 and show me the 2006 or so. I always see totally different sets of parts but it sets me in motion to the right part(s).

Last edited by Mercier; 08-09-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its for the AIR system. It hooks up to the vacuum port in the back of the intake. If you have removed the air pump from the car leave that part off the intake.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Conan!

There are two small barbed plugs on the back of the intake manifold. The part of the barbed t-fitting pointing towards the passenger side has a line plugged into it. The part of the t-fitting that points toward the rear now has a plug on it.

I still have the air pump installed but there is nothing connected to it.

Can I simply cap off both of the barbed plugs in the back of the intake manifold? I did remove both the Air and EGR..... This would leave only the brake booster line along with the electrical connection in the back.

Thanks!!! You saved me some head scratching..

Shawn

Last edited by Qfly; 08-10-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get rid of the T fitting and everything in the pic. You will need to hook up the vacuum line from passenger side of the car to the small port on the back of the intake. That vac line controls the trap doors for the HVAC system. Look around the AC box sticking through the fire wall on the pass side you'll see the vac line I'm talking about. This is also the line on the other side of the "T" fitting. Here's a pic of the ports, the small port on the right... Just plug the HVAC right in to that one and keep the brake booster on the big one. Hope thats not too confusing.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-11-2014, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Thanks again.. I finally got everything figured out. The hardest part was reaching back behind the intake manifold to cap off the air portion of the t-fitting with everything bolted in place..

Cheers,

Shawn

Quick Reply: Trying To Figure Out Where a Part Goes