Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to build a turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going to build a turbo setup

Hey guys, after a lot of searching and reading i have decided to go the boosted rout with my 2000 formula, I plan on using truck manifolds and building my own turbo kit. the worse part will be bending/fabricating all the pipes. but my friend has an exhaust bender and shop so he thinks we can do it with trial and error. I am trying to decide to go t4 or t6, and as for a turbo, I would like to see how a holset hx50 or bigger would do. There is a few things I am unsure of such as: how to mount the bov and where to put the vacuum line for it, as well as the waste gate. I am searching online but not finding a whole lot. as for a intercooler, I will use cxracing 3", it is cheaper but has some pretty nice reviews. I think 60lb injectors will be enough since I am on a all stock motor and dont want to push it too hard. I will be relocating my battery to my trunk, and pulling my ac to give me extra room. I also will be buying a new radiator unless I can find a way to set mine up to have more room. All this is going to be done using a stock K member hopefully. I will dump the exhaust 4" straight off the turbo if I have to. lol I will start a build thread once i get all my ducks in a row. any advice will be appreciated
Old 12-13-2014, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you will get a better response if you post this in the force induction section. good luck with the build. I think I'm gone this route in the near future.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Launching!

thanks, yeah. There are 2 reasons why I wouldn't go buy a kit. the price and I enjoying having something done by my own two hands haha
Old 12-13-2014, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know if I go this route I would like to keep my AC.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:50 AM
Launching!

yeah, me to, but there is so little room for that with truck manifolds idk if it can be done

Quick Reply: Going to build a turbo setup