New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie here and need some help with wiring PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie here and need some help with wiring PLEASE!!!

ok so i have a 1997 s10 4x4 that im doing an 5.3 swap into, i have the ecu and harness with all the theft things and emissons deleted. So here is my issue i am swapping in an SWD platform from a wreck syclone so i dont need the 4x4 crud. What i do need is my computer (stock) to run the interior and regular things that are normal and the 5.3 harness to run the engine. I dont have the money for a wiring kit but i do have the time and patience to make my own as to say. what i need to know is what do i keep from the s10 in the engine bay and what do i delete? What do i keep on the 5.3 harness and what do i delete? I want to make it as clean as possible and put the 5,3 ecu on the driver side and the s10 on the passenger ontop of the inner wheel tubs so they are easily accessible. Can someone please help me or even send me to the right thread if possible? thanks again for the help guys im a bit of a stand still. I cannot installl the dif or trans unless the motor is in and i can install the motor until i do the wiring while the bay is open and clear.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 533 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You have absolutely no chance of doing things the way you just described. You will HAVE TO fit things in and take them back apart during this process. If a handy "swap" guide existed for what you are asking, you may as well drive a mustang. There is no hope in hell of getting a plug'nplay answer to your question. The upside is that at every problem you encounter, an answer probably already exists here. Ask specific questions, and get specific answers.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

You can't use both computers. I'm 99% sure you don't need the S10 computer for anything. It doesn't control your interior.

Quick Reply: newbie here and need some help with wiring PLEASE!!!