New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pvc hose collapsed causing miss?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pvc hose collapsed causing miss?

i was under the hood looking for a slight miss i have and noticed the pcv hose is completly collapsed right where it goes into the throttlebody. i pulled on it to try to straighten it out and i felt and heard the valve click.
i held the rpms at 1500 where my miss is at and it didnt seem to change the shaking of the motor when i pulled on the hose. would this hose being collapsed cause a miss? i changed plugs a month ago to tr6,s, havent done wires yet. the car shakes in 3rd gear(a4) almost always, and in park at 1500 rpm.

kev
Old 06-21-2004, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

just replaced the collapsed hose and the motor still shakes at 1500rpms.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PCV should be mixture-neutral unless it's off and
letting air in. I see 28# injectors on the 2000 car,
is this tuned in properly? Maybe needs a little
more tweaking?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

thats a very good possibility jimmy. i had speed inc tune for them but it was mailorder not dyno. im also wondering if they removed TM. it feels like theres a hesitation before the shift still. im not sure if its a miss im diagnosing or a converter/trans prob.
car shakes in 3rd at almost any rpm but more so as it gets closer to shifting into overdrive. i can feel it in sotp and especially in the steering wheel. normally id think its the wheels out of balance,but i can slow down and it still does it while in 3rd gear no matter what.
when going from 3rd into overdrive its gone instantly after the shift but returns once i reach 70 mph plus. when i sit in park and rev real slow it shakes at 1500 then again at 2000-2500 or so. im wondering if my flexplate is bent or cracked. car still performs fine and launches hard. i have till july 5th on my flp trans warranty if im going to look into the trans maybe having a issue.